• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New power to the team...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CaliVW78

I have been informed that additions like this should be made known to the team. Thanks to Gnerma's right-up, I have been able to add a large amount of folding power to the team. My work place orders many 1U servers in advance before they are put in production. I have always wanted to fold on them before they were put in production but could never figure out how to send and receive the work from a different machine. The right-up straightened me out. :) As of right now, there are 15 additonal servers folding right now. They are dual Xeon 2.4 ghz machines. There is actually a full rack of them not being used just yet, but I do not have the time to do all of the transferring and do my job. :( As these go into production , I will fold on any other new machines that come in. I hope others were able to take advantage as well as I did. The power is with OC and we will regain 1st place!!!! Fold on Team 32!

CaliVW78

CaliVW78 said:
I have been informed that additions like this should be made known to the team. Thanks to Gnerma's right-up, I have been able to add a large amount of folding power to the team. My work place orders many 1U servers in advance before they are put in production. I have always wanted to fold on them before they were put in production but could never figure out how to send and receive the work from a different machine. The right-up straightened me out. :) As of right now, there are 15 additonal servers folding right now. They are dual Xeon 2.4 ghz machines. There is actually a full rack of them not being used just yet, but I do not have the time to do all of the transferring and do my job. :( As these go into production , I will fold on any other new machines that come in. I hope others were able to take advantage as well as I did. The power is with OC and we will regain 1st place!!!! Fold on Team 32!

CaliVW78

That's a good thing, CALI. We do love to hear about additions, large and small. No addition is too small (well, almost, I'm not going to add my old 486, 25 Hz) to brag about.

There is no more worthy thing a person can do with their computer.

:)

Thats great Cali! I am glad the article helped you out. I appreciate (and I'm sure everybody else does) the fact that you are doing this for the team. It must take a lot of time, effort and organization to move all those WUs from home to the servers and then back again.

I'm not sure if your doing this but it would likely be most efficient if you were to run two or three instances of the client on each server. So the WUs won't have to get moved over quite as often and they will get more done over the weekend. Thanks again for your contributions to the team :)

Indeed....I am going to put more instances on each machine so that I wont have to deal with them as often, and they will bring in more points. Thanks again.

CaliVW78

TEAM 32 All The Way!!!

Back