• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Would I benefit? 2100+ pally to 2100+ tbred b

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GT2000

I'm just curious as to weather or not I'd see any improvements in my systems "OCability" from making this change. It's not something that's necessary, but dammit, I like to play! :)

With the system currently in my sig, I can jack the fsb up to 143, but at this point, the system becomes unstable, random reboots, 3dmark crashes to desktop, etc. Taking it any higher results in the monitor going into standby on reboot from cmos settings, and having to clear cmos/start from defaults. This is on the most relaxed memory settings, 1.85vcore, and the highest vdimm available.

Another thing, I've never attempted to unlock a processor, and from my understanding, if I were to put a 2100+ tbred b in this mobo (kt3 ultra 2), I would have to unlock it myself right?

Just looking for answers.. :)

It seems like the more recent weeks of the AIUHB stepping are not doing quite as well(Week 48 did the best). Even so I think you could expect 2.2-2.3 GHz out of a Tbred 2100+ with the right amount of voltage. The whole multiplier unlock issue has been iffy, I think it really depends on the board. For example, with my 8K3A(KT333) I could use multis below 12.5x with the 1800+ Tbred but when I switched to the 2100+ no multiplier option besides auto would work.

Yeah, I'd love to get a hold of either a 0248 or 0250, I've seen people posting some nice results from both of those chips.

I just ordered one from excaliberpc.com, they're guaranteed 0250's. It's a tad more expensive than newegg but I wanted to make sure I got what I wanted (well I wanted an 0248 but close enough :p)

Back