• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How long have your pumps lasted?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeathONator

I was just curious, how long do your pumps seem to last? Do you need to count on buying a new one every 2 years? What should I expect?

I havent had problems, A few people here have had the same pump for a year or 3:) The only pumps that have been known to die are via aquas and sometimes a rio, and billage pumps

My Via Aqua has been running for about 1 year now, (24/7 most of the time) and only in the past few weeks or to has it shown any signs of giving up. It had a little trouble, but I opened it up and cleaned it out and she is running smoothly again. As JFettig said Via Aquas, rio, and bilge pumps are the only ones that have caused major problems.

I have a Via Aqua 1300 in a custom res webmedic built for me quite a few months ago and it's still running strong as ever.

My Danner model 2 250 gph is a little over 3 years old, and runs as good as when I bought it.
My ViaAqua is running my main computer now, and doing a bang-up job. I'd keep that one in a reservior though instead of inline...just my personal preference.

On either, be very carefull NOT to overtighten the fittings. The plastic will crack. Both my pumps have suffered this fate...guess I should have learned from the first one, huh?

Back