• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Could it be my Power supply?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drewthomas14

when i try to change the voltage to even 1.75 it will not boot. i tried 1.9 and it will start up to the screen b4 the windows xp booting screen and then act likes its going to go on and then restarts. i figure its my powersupply because i tried this at default fsb and multi and just change the voltage. my temps are around 40C load and 35C idle, these temps are taken from the epox utility so they are probably not too accurate. plus, my ASIII is still setting in. here are the specs since i cant find a link because the company seems to have gone out of business.
+5=40a ,+3.3=30a, +12=18a
5 and 3 combined=220w +12=216w
the name is "High Power" it is 420w
its exactly like this one
http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage...06-10.JPG/17-153-006-11.JPG/17-153-006-08.JPG
they are the same model and specs are same. both are manufactured by sirtec

Last edited:
forgot my voltages. here they are from usdm
5.5=4.892
12 =12.160

3.3 isnt on this program. right now im at 12.5multi @166fsb @ default voltage(1.6v)
i know if i change to voltage to 1.75 or above it will reboot or not get into windows. should i just get a sparkle 350?

Erm.. I'm a bit confused - what FSB and Multi are you trying when you say it wont boot up with higher-than-stock voltages?

If I'm not mixing this up, you are saying that at stock FSB and Multi, you can change the voltages wihtout problems

A sudden restart without warning is a pretty sure sign of an overloaded PSU.

Try taking CDs out of drives, if you have any in (CD drives eat power) - and see if you can get it to go.

Calvus said:
Erm.. I'm a bit confused - what FSB and Multi are you trying when you say it wont boot up with higher-than-stock voltages?

If I'm not mixing this up, you are saying that at stock FSB and Multi, you can change the voltages wihtout problems
i cant change to voltages even at stock
\\

I'd bet that you and I are in the same boat. My 300w Enermax Whisper power supply cannot handle a Tbred B, 2 Seagate 80's, 2 optical drives, Radeon 9500, and a 80 and 120mm case fans. I can run windows fine at 12.5x166 and can get into windows at 12.5x185 with 2.1v but I get random reboots. My system reboots if I put 100% load on my cpu, ie Prime95 or United Devices (folding). I'm looking at getting either an Antec True 480 or perhaps a bigger Enermax or Sparkle.

Back