• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad WU's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You may have a bad core . What you need to do is go into the FAH directory and delete the fahcore_****.exe files( example FahCore_65.exe) along with queue.dat . Make sure you do this with the program closed .

Then restart the FAH program and it will download a fresh core then fresh work unit . I had to do that 2 days ago after 3 'bad units' in a row including a 19.7 point one which failed beyond halfway :( .

one of 2 possiblities: A you have a bad core and as before mentioned, you need to del the core and download a new one. the second and more common possibility is that your overclock is too high and is corrupting the wu's// try backing down your clock by one or two notches

odd that it would be either of those, ive had fah going nonstop for over a month now at the same clockspeed with no problems, but i will try your suggestions. Ill delete the core first then try backing off my o/c if that doesnt work (every MHz further i am from 2GHz makes me just a little sadder ;) )

Good luck .

Same happened to me ........... i was folding nicely and then got 3 messed up units . This has not been a problem since I replaced the core .

Back