• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how hot does the radeon 9550 run

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kianss

i could post this in the ati forum but its a coolign ? so..

I just orderd a Built By ATi Radeon 9500 Pro 128mb. How hot does this card run , and will i need to do some modding to get it to run cool enough to be happy ? Or will the oem HSF setup do just fine ?

err i hate that crap , i type to [ghetto index finger and thumb lol] fast i make way to many spelling errors

9500 pro , not 9550 as the TOPIc name states

I know you thought it through - logical, but you could stick a post in the ATI forum, with a link to this thread.

Myself, I'm an NVIDIA man, but if you're guesstimating, stick the back of your hand on the HSF of the card straight after (or during) some gaming / 3Dmark, and see how hot it is. If it's warm, that should be OK. If it can burn you, then consider upgrading the cooling somehow. (For reference, the average pain threshold for a human is about 45c, so if the Graphics card HSF hurts, then the GPU will be at LEAST 50c...)

If you want, you could replace the white, el cheapo thermal compound that resides between your GPu and heatsink with some Arctic Silver 2/3 - that might lower temps a bit.

AFAIK, that ATI doesn't have a thermal sensor of its' own (I am probably wrong), hence things like Motherboard Monitor won't be able to read the temps for you.

Sorry I couldn't be of any more help :(

ImG

i havent got it yet , but im going to mod a 60mm fan into the area where u screw down the card so it dont move , going to put a higher bolt and put the fan there for alil add'd air flow to it.

That is , if i dont put 2 fans on my WCU radiator..

Back