• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Epox 8rda or 8rda+?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lithan

Disabled
I had ordered an epox 8rda+, but then I see that the sound isn't 6 channel unless you buy an extra addon card. Without the sound, why should I get the + version? I don't care about raid, serial ata, firewire, or any of that fun stuff. Is the 8rda just as stable, overclockable and high quality as the plus version?

edit: found a post saying firewire, sound and lan are the only differences. Is this true?

edit: also, say if I bought the 8rda from newegg, how much warranty would I get through them? How much through epox? I can't find warranty information for motherboards on epox's website. And newegg says it basically acts as a middleman in regards to warranty.

Last edited:
the + version is the same board, it just has a few extras (firewire, sound, lan, like you alread said) As for warranty, if you get a board from newegg thats bad, you can RMA i to them. If you need warranty work in the future i THINK you would have to go through epox for it.

I had 8RDA+... but I mess it up bad when I tried to some soldering job and now I am using 8RDA... they are exactly the same, however, 8RDA+ got faster/more frequent bios updates than none + version. Other than that in terms of OC ability and stability, they are exactly the same.

Back