• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stupid things that Computer Know-Nothings say.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Beast Of Blight

Disabled
" What, Your going to take out your CDRom? Does that mean I have to replace my modem? " - My Mother.

Don't even ATEMPT to wrap your mind around this, Or else blood will shoot out of your eyes.

You should have put your disclaimer at the top!

Do you have any idea how hard it is to clean blood off of my parents new LCD?

You should see teachers at my school... %96 of problems are
1. Not plugged in or
2. Not turned on...

:beer: hail mighty givers of wisdom

Thelemac said:
You should have put your disclaimer at the top!

Do you have any idea how hard it is to clean blood off of my parents new LCD?

LMAO.

But honestly, trying to even UNDERSTAND that sentance she gave me made me go into a coma for three minutes as I sat there and stared blankly at her.

I mean, honestly, I was brain dead in that time. It was like a total system crash :bang head

how about the time i formatted my mom's pc for her, i forgot to install the nic drivers and she came running in "Did you delete the internet?" my reply...."yes, the whole thing, dont tell anyone" the funnyest part... she thought i was serious.

Digital

What about "I don't understand how I got this virus" Then one finds the antivirus has either never been updated or half of the settings are turned off while the other half are wrong.

Oh god I hate it when people do that

" But I have Antivirus! "

" Yeah, BUT YOU HAVN'T DOWNLOADED THE UPDATES IN OVER A YEAR! "

" Updates? I thought Virus Def. was a hacker trying to take my computer. "

At this point I normally visualize blasting my head off with a shotgun, as the pain could never be as bad as dealing with people with the I.Q. comperable to mayonaise.

No, I love going to my uncles house to install a 60g HD in a system that only recognizes up to 8.4(?)... The damn thing only had one IDE cable. My uncle told me 'thats how its supposed to be'... LMAO! Too bad it was a decent round cable. I should have snagged it but thats not my style.

Probably the greatest part was my uncle had a 'friend' over who just graduated 'from some sort of computer school'. He did nothing. LMAO again. EXPERT HE WAS CALLED!!! LOL I have to go and watch teh damn super bowl thanx for helping me laugh about the toture of explaining simple things to my uncle...

"remember when troubleshooting computers, there is no any key"

- Dead serious quote from a booklet entitles "bringing technology to campus" that my school gave me :D

Digital Pimp said:
how about the time i formatted my mom's pc for her, i forgot to install the nic drivers and she came running in "Did you delete the internet?" my reply...."yes, the whole thing, dont tell anyone" the funnyest part... she thought i was serious.

Digital

hehehehehhe rotflmao thats something my mom would say

Digital Pimp said:

Digital

HAHAHA,,

LOL

she really thought you where serious, lol that is why AOL and compaq are still in business.

We had a customer who INSISTED that upgrading to WinXP would let her burn CD's with her normal CD drive. She had to talk to all the managers and techs and then she still didn't beleive us.

And if I have to explain to someone one more time that adding RAM will not increase their hard drive space I will have several brain hemorages.

-Rav

Thats the thing I dont understand about ignorant people and computers.

If someone has a corvette and you tell them that brand x tires will not make the car go faster- they believe you.

If someone has a computer and you tell them that adding ram will not increase hd space- they insist that you are wrong.

Am i missing something here?

Tho there is the occasional man, most of the idiots that walk into computer stores and demand something even tho all the techs in the shop say it won't work is women.

I've been in the computer shop on five diferent occasions when an arrogant woman walked in demanding what she wanted and that she just *knew* it would work.

"AOL is the internet dumbass"-idiot in my computer applications class

-OR-

"You can't build your own computer"- My computer applications teacher. My schools on a bit of a budget

Back