• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unlocking a Duron 1.3GHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

_N_

Registered
okay, this is not a simple unlock the L1 bridges,
I searched everywhere, and can't get any real info about unlocking it because:

It's uses the 13 multiplier as defualt, so when it's above 12.5, it's a whole new thing.

I found some AthlonXP info, which says that you can connect the 5th bridge on L3 to get all of the bridges below 12.5, does this apply to the duron? Cause Athlon has different bridges to the Duron??

I've also checked and it's factory locked,

I basically wanna get my multipliers down below 12.5,
cause this CPU does about 1.5 on air, but don't wanna push it any futher until I unlock it.

I also looked at that ocinside.de, but it was too confusing and didn't make much sense,

please help

I've also own Duron 1Ghz unlocked running at 1.4
and a duron 1.1 which I managed to unlock eaisly with L1

but since the multiplier 13 and above are another thing,

like on a tbred, To enable the lower multipliers, connect the 5th bridge on L3 to enable the lower multipliers.

which bridge is it for duron's?

is it true you have to cut one L10 bridge and connect the other to get it to work below 12.5 multiplier?

I just wanna know before I screw up something, :)

Any more info on this? I really need to get my 1300 unlocked.. Ive been reading all over and even a post to my thread stated that the last L10 bridge needed to be cut and the middle one needed to be penciled.. I dont want to cut this trace unless I dont have to.. Id like to see XP1700 out of the processor :D

ok,

I connected all of the L1's, nothing happens, won't boot, bios detects at as a 1.3GHz

connect 5th L3, with L1's disconected, nothing happens, still locked, but boots as 1.3

connect the other L10, so both are connected, nothing, still works, but boots as 1.3

this thing is a ******* to unlock

I've unlocked a 1Ghz and 1.1Ghz Durons, and that was a piece of cake,

i believe that you would need to treat the 1.3 duron like an xp2100 cutting 1 bridge and closing another.

When you bridge the L1s on this chip, aren't all the multipliers from 13 and up unlocked? If so, doesn't that mean that if you have an older board that only recognizes multipliers up to 12.5, you would have to set the bios multiplier to 5.5 in order to get 13, or 6 to get 13.5, etc?

If you unlock it as you would a 1200 Duron or lower, then try to boot up with a multi in the bios at 8 (which is actually 15.5) or higher, then it probably won't boot. I'm not sure if this is actually the case, but I'm curious as to whether or not this is actually happening.

I know that you want to unlock it to get the lower multipliers so you can increase the bus, but maybe you can try setting the mulitplier to 5.5 (which should actually be 13) in the bios and see if it boots, just to verify if this is actually happening or not.

Im puzzled also, The 13x multiplier is the max on my KG7-raid, So therefore id have to take the fsb up to do any major overclocks. I havent even dropped this processor in the board yet so shes still a virgin till I find out how to get her unlocked. HELP! blargh.

Bouklah23 said:
Im puzzled also, The 13x multiplier is the max on my KG7-raid, So therefore id have to take the fsb up to do any major overclocks. I havent even dropped this processor in the board yet so shes still a virgin till I find out how to get her unlocked. HELP! blargh.

I believe that if you bridge the L1s, then all multipliers from 13 and up will become unlocked. On your KG7 the 5.5 multiplier would actually give you 13, the 6.5 would give you 14, etc. This happens because the board is sending the 5.5 signal but since the CPU is on hi, it will interpret that as 13 instead.

Why not just use the pencil and try it out?

I tried penciling in L1's about 5 times,
and every single time, the computer wouldn't boot at all,
bios detects it fine, and then it won't boot,
I've checked with a multimeter and all of the bridges were connected,
I've also talked to other Duron 1.3GHz owners and they all had the same problem,

I think the solution is the wire trick,

Hmm, okay. I heard somewhere before someone setting the multi to 5.5 then penciling the L1s and getting it to boot that way, but maybe he did something else.

ok, I've tried the wire trick,
didn't work, still only mult of 13, others just wouldn't work,
also noticed that the CPU temp was rising pretty quick,
like running normal I would get about 45°C,

but with the wire at defualt settings, I was watching it go up by 0.5°C/sec, and I chickened out after it went over 50, and quickly turned it off.

for the wire trick, am I suppose to have the L1's connected too?

I believe that you do need the L1s connected, as that is what actually unlocks them. The wire trick is just supposed to change the multiplier signal to low.

Back