• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Differences between drives?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

masitti

So, I am looking for a new 80 GB HD... what are the differences between lets say... teh Barracuda IV and the Western Digital? Anything significant?

I have the WD 80gb mb drive and it ROCKS!!! WD has a rebate program going right now. Get the special edition 80gb and you will not be sorry. I am considering an 80gb WD SE RAID array now!

Ok, thanks... I'll have to see how much cash I'll have. I am just curious on the differences because Maxtor, IBM, Seagate, and WD all have HD's within like $5 of each other... :eh?: Any reviews that directly compare these...?

if u get the maximum pc magazine. it has a harddrive review in this months issue. and then western digital that they tested was the winner. i think the one they had was a 120gb with 8mb cache drive.

--jason

Back