• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

400watt deer/allied

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mulli

Registered
Does the +5v have a big impact on system stability?

My load voltages are 4.87-4.89 and idle 4.95. My system is also o/cd

Thanks ;)

yes the +5v line has a big impact on system stability.. those voltages are perhaps a little low but since ur system is o/ced then it would be expected. u will know if its not coping from unexpected restarts, restart when cd drives are spinning up, takes a few goes to do cold boot, things like that but if u havent had anything like that happen then its prob ok

I think as they are the voltages are ok but any lower than that and i think you will start to have problems. Ive got a Deer PSU in another rig and its not the best psu in the world, you might want to invest in a better one.

The 5V and 3.3V legs are the most critical for an AMD CPU. Your readings are probably OK. But, before pitching he PS, you should use a digital voltmeter to measure the actual voltage. The board sensors are notoriously inaccurate.

I was just curious because when I burned in my cpu chip with toast my rig would run for hours, now my rig is lucky to run for 2mins with toast?

Thanks for the responses

Btw, I just noticed my 3.3v is actually at 3.22v. Is this bad or what?

Looks like I need a new psu :(

Back