• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

no sound?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

myrmidon84

Registered
ok so i have a 8k3ae mobo, and for the moment i am using the onboard sound. the only problem is that even with the updated drivers it only gives me a slight sound. it is barely hearable. I have tried my speakers and my headphones in the audio ports on teh front and on the back. I've tried to rip and reinstall the drivers and adjusted every sound device i could find. It doesn't effect the sound at all. Any suggestions?

was that just a stupid question or what?
i am relatively new so it wouldn't suprise me if it was stupid.

right then, i will just wait for the santa cruz this weekend.
oh i cant access safe mode either?
but will the santa cruz work in linux?:)

lol, rip and reinstall the drivers, you have been doing tech support for WAY to long :)

Probably should post the linux question in the alternative OS forum too.

I dont know what could be causing that sound problem, but make sure you have the main volume AND the wave volume turned up. Also check the volume in whatever program is playing the sound.

Also, i ordered your sound card and DVD drive, but they didnt have any good deals on burners :(.

yes i have been doing this for way to long(currently working)
thanx for the advice ill post in alternative os's
but i have tried to put the sound on high, all sound
what about the safe mode issue, where do i post that
i shouldn't need to have a burner yet but the rest is vital, you hear, vital...

Back