• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

It is the PSU, right?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheFrag

I have a non-OCed Comp, currently running an ak35gt2, Corsair XMS pc3200 CAS2, ti4200, Quantum 40 gig 7200RPM, 4 fans, 1 Lite-ON CDRW, and 1 dvd-rom as wella s 1 NIC.

When I play games I get random reboots and I am assuming it is my crappy "350" watt Raidmax PSU that came witht his case. I just wanted ot see what you guys thought. Also, What would a good, VERY CHEAP replacement PSU be for watercooling, lights, etc and eventually a heavily OCed PC. Anyone know about the 500 watt achieve power supplies? Thnx.

The PSU is a good suspect. I notice you have a lot of good components, so you might as well bite the bullet and go for a real quality PSU.

well, i read up and apparently SHuttle mobo's ar epicky with PSUs.....
Anyway, I am probably gonna ordeer a new mobo soon anyway, at which poin tI will see if I will ned a new PSU.

What are your temps like?
I used to have the same problem but it was because my video card was running incredibly hot. Apparently there wasnt enough air circulation around it....

New video card, no more problems for me.

well, it can tbe heat because a hot video card wouldnt reset a comp, but maybe power consumption from it.

Anyway, I know it has nothing to do with my vid card. Anyone else have some suggestions?

Back