• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Built Super Computer but Video Card needed.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Slappi

I have $400 sitting here in front of me and need to complete my super computer I have been building these last 4 weeks. I was going to put a GFFX in it but that ain't gonna happen :mad:

I have my backup comps older Ti4400 in it now but need another one so I can put the 4400 back in the other comp. So should I:

1. Wait it out for either better drivers on the GFFX
2. Wait out the R350
3. Get the 9700 pro now
4. Attach wings to my comp and put a GFFX in next week??

i would just get a 9700non pro and oc it....best bang for buck imho...FX isnt very impressive

Wait out for the R350. You waited this long for the FX you can wait a lil longer for the R350.

But #4 might also be fun.

Yah, I will probably wait out the R350 .... I was really impressed with the IQ of the 9700

Slappi said:
What is the diff between the pro and non pro 9700?

THe core and memory clock speed for the Pro is higher than the non-pro. Can't remember the exact numbers but if you check the inventory at any of the popular internet stores, I'm sure you can easily get them. Other than that, they are identical to each other.

Back