• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

JIUHB week 51 versus JIUCB week 50

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lithan

Disabled
I've got one of each (1700+), both from newegg. The test is this.

1: Burnin each chip for 24hrs at 1.85v and 10x133 via prime95.
2: See what the max stable overclock for each is at 1.85volts (Not concerned with doing a volt mod.)
3: See what the highest multiplier I can do at 185fsb is for each chip. (185fsb is what the ram in each system can do, 1 system has two sticks that will do 185 together, other has 1 stick that will do 185)

Due to my laziness this will be a far from perfect test. The two chips will be on different motherboards and have different cooling. However both chips should have sufficient cooling that temp doesn't play a role at the voltages I am using. Also, the JIUHB has seen a few hours of action already.

Burning in the JIUCB right now. Will begin overclocking tomorrow. And right around when I finish, I will begin setting up the JIUHB and burning it in.

Sounds like you've got your work cut out for you.

Keep us posted with your findings.
My guess is the JIUCB will be the better overclocker.

I'm guessing the opposite.

So far all I can say is preburnin the HB got 2211.

The two chips will be on different motherboards and have different cooling

=/ motherboards seem to be one of the most important roles in overclocking... are the mobos at least similar?

Ones an ax7333-r which can do 185 (and 195) just fine.
The other will be an erda which damn well better do 185 just fine.

The most the JIUCB will do at 1.85v is 2013 (183x11) I get errors any higher, and I haven't tested it this speed long enough to ensure stability. I'd say this chip maxes ~2000mhz @1.85v So the JIUHB already blows it away, without a burnin. But I'll burn it in and tell you what it does later. Sorry Maxima, but I'm not ready to put 2.3volts through this thing, so based on what I've seen personally now, I'll say the JIUHB's are substancially better than the JIUCB's at least in my case. Still, a 2ghz cpu for 50$ that you dont need a volt mod for is a pretty good price... grab an abit or asus kt333 refurb board for 40-50$ and for less than $100 you have the makings of a nice 2ghz system.

JUIHB's seem to be the chips i got 2220 without much work on mine. If I lived in canada i bet i could do better however i live in sunny southern California that has been in the 80's the past few days. Not that I'm complaining MHZ or beautiful weather not a tough choice hehe.

Shawn

hey shill what week's that JIUHB? My 51 so far can do right around there on 1.85v I'm hoping for 185x12.5 at a decent temp.

Week 51 also. First day i burn't in 1.9 2000 then day 2 2160 1.9 now 2220 haven't really done much burning in since I will try but I haven't tried very hard yet. My goal is 2300

Shawn

Mine is JIUCB 0251. with 1.85v, i was able to run at 193*11=2123. as i am still poor player with air cooling, i dare not to push the voltage higher to get the max juice out of this CPU. and the other factor, i just using a crap 350W crap PSU that now running 4.84V on 5V trail. if i push the Vcore higher, the 5V trail will drop under 4.80V which i dun wan it to happen.

Back