• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

W2K stealth install help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cuper

hey guys, just installed Win. 2k on my parents computer that I built for them and was wondering if there was a way to not make them click the "X" when it first starts up? I am not trying to hide the fact that I am running seti on thier computer just would like to make it more user friendly on startup.

Thanks

Brad

yeah, you can either set it as a service on Win2k since you have the admin access.

or use SETIHide and run it on startup either using startup folder or registry hack.

Or make it even more user friendly by convincing them that it's healthier for the computer to be on all the time than it is to turn it on and off every day (as most experts agree is the case.) The added power consumption from one computer being on a few extra hours a day is negligible.

Yeah, I remember at another site someone calculated the actual cost of running a single machine for an entire month, it ='d out to be 2-3 dollars if I'm not mistaken.

KenCo said:
Or make it even more user friendly by convincing them that it's healthier for the computer to be on all the time than it is to turn it on and off every day (as most experts agree is the case.) The added power consumption from one computer being on a few extra hours a day is negligible.

Hehe, trust me already done;) They don't care. If I wanted to heat the house with computers they would let me:D My dad even asked me if there was a way to put seti on a SunFire 4810 server that was sitting in his office before he retired:p Now that is LOVE!!!

GT2000 - 110 watts * 24 hours * 365 days * .10 kilowatt (lets just use that as an avg.) = $96.36 per year / 12 months = $8.03 per month.

Cuper said:

My dad even asked me if there was a way to put seti on a SunFire 4810 server that was sitting in his office before he retired:p Now that is LOVE!!!
then what are you waiting for???? ;)

btw, did you ask him what else & how many computers in his office?? :D :D

You can tell them that this new antivirus "SETIDriver and SETISpy" is needs to be running all the time so that it scan in real time your HDD and all the incoming-outgoing information from your house ;)

Back