• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

350W Sparkle Powers OC'd Dually Like Crazy!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
For those of you seeking an excellent inexpensive PSU, please do yourselves a favor and think Sparkle or Fortron (both made by Fortron), I'm now sounding like Larva ;) . They really are excellent PSU's and for those of you with any doubt check this sreenie out. This is an MSI K7D Master L dual AMD board with 2 XP 1600's at 1800Mhz with 7 fans, HD, CD, Floppy. This shot of MBM is taken at load (All the machine does is FOLD and Photoshop). Also I tested the voltages at a molex and 5V reads 5.03 and 12V reads 12.15! And this is ONLY A 350W!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

duallyvolts.gif

That's great news. I've been holding off on a dually because the PSU was going to set me back quite a bit. Looks like this will work fine though.

Heh, Fortron/Sparkle should always be considered, and not just when you are on a tight budget. The fact that they are inexpensive is icing on the cake. It just doesn't take any more money than a Fortron costs to make an excellent power supply, but others are certainly willing to charge you more. If a person needed to spend more I would be the first to insist on it, but in truth if you do you are just putting somebody else's kids through school :)

Back