• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Official Response" from Epox

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lokicat

Regarding the temp issues for 8K3A+ Tbred CPU diode readings, the official response I received from Epox tech support is:

"The sensor readings are not 100% accurate ever. Your system is working, RMA will not change the temp."

This answers everything!

I suppose if they admit to a flaw in their cpu diode temp readings, people will start demanding RMA fixes. This was the approach I took in my email. Since this is an older product, I guess Epox isn't too thrilled about the possibility of re-working thousands of motherboards.

Additionally, I have a strong suspicion that the increased temp readings are not a fixed +10C or +xxC accross all the boards. If it were say +10C for all 8K3A+ boards, one would think they would simply post this on the FAQ's to calm everyone down.

Oh well, this doesn't give me a lot of respect for Epox. I've had great support from Abit in the past so it may be time to switch back.

lokicat said:
Regarding the temp issues for 8K3A+ Tbred CPU diode readings, the official response I received from Epox tech support is:

"The sensor readings are not 100% accurate ever. Your system is working, RMA will not change the temp."

This answers everything!

I suppose if they admit to a flaw in their cpu diode temp readings, people will start demanding RMA fixes. This was the approach I took in my email. Since this is an older product, I guess Epox isn't too thrilled about the possibility of re-working thousands of motherboards.

Additionally, I have a strong suspicion that the increased temp readings are not a fixed +10C or +xxC accross all the boards. If it were say +10C for all 8K3A+ boards, one would think they would simply post this on the FAQ's to calm everyone down.

Oh well, this doesn't give me a lot of respect for Epox. I've had great support from Abit in the past so it may be time to switch back.

whats the big deal? most of the motherboards out there right now are not reading the correct temp. so what. at least the guy gave you a straight answer. and he is correct too.

If you look at my other thread :

"8K3A+ Tbred B Temp Update"

You'll see what I'm talking about. I thought I had but this post in the same thread, but I must have started a new one.

Anyway, I am trying to confirm from Epox that the 8K3A+ does not read the internal CPU diode temp correctly for Tbred B processors.

Back