• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GF4 Ti4200 64Mb 3.3ns: Red points on desktop!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrazyDr

Registered
Hi,
I've a Point Of View GF4 Ti4200 64Mb with modules DDR at 3.3ns, on a GA-7RVXP v2.0 and a AMD XP1800.
It's brand new but it keeps creating those vertical lines on the desktop, each one with 7-8 points, pixel dimension, red if i use 32bit of color depth and blu on 16bit.
Every time i open a window on Windows XP Pro an try to move it, it gets full of strange lines, circles ecc, created by the movement of these points (same colour).
In the troubleshooting section of the manual says that i should change the color depth (32 to 16), the screen resolution, the refresh rate, the hardware acceleration!! I tried everything, nothing changes! Drivers: 31.0 and 41.0.9, both nvidia.
When i completely disabled the hardware acceleration, the points remained but the window would move without lines, circles ecc.
Any idea??
Should i return the card to the shop or is there a fix of any kind?

Thanx!!!

Back