• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

screen flickering help!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

twump

ok i've had this problem thats slowly getting worse. about a month or so ago i took my computer over to my freinds house for a mini 3 man lan. we had our monitors pretty close together and at 1 point in the night i noticed my monitor going crazy. it was flickering and displaying the wrong colors. it went away after a second, but scared the crap outa me.

since then i have been overclocking my video card and also my cpu and have noticed that the problem is coming back. the colors are displaying correctly but the screen flickers. It almost looks like a small degauss but its not. I also used a refresh rate fix for 2k that i think may be causing the problem. its making my think my monitor is finally feeling its age.

anyone got any ideas as to why my screen is flickering ?

my system is
AMD xp1800@1579Mhz
kx7-333r
geforce 3 ti200 @220/500

refresh locked at 85hz

thx
Twump

have you try changing the refresh rate?......try lowering it mine was set at 85 for a month and then all at once it started flickering and i lowered it and it stopped..

How many times did you Degauss? Sometimes it takes a few times.

The next question is what is near the monitor? I have seen things in the next room cause interferance. Take a look around.

If you are still overclocking the video card, return it to default and see if the flickering goes away. You may have exceeded the capability of the video card.

i don't have anything near my monitor but 2 bookshelf pc speakers and my tower and its always been like that. I never degauss my monitor it does it itself anytime it changes resolution.

I am gonna try lowering my refresh rate as its about the only thing i can think of. i don't think its the oc on the video card thats doing it. now that i think about it it really started getting bad when i locked the refresh rate.

thx guys hopefully it'll work

well i uninstalled the refresh rate fix i was using, set my video card back to default speeds and even set my cpu back to default speeds and its still flickering.

I'm thinking my monitor is dieing.. it almost seems like the video signal is getting interupted for a millisecond. not enough for my screen to go black but just enough to make the screen flicker and get about 1/16th inch smaller before it gets full feed again.

anyone else have any ideas?

Back