• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fortron 350 watt... Good or bad?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's not in stock :( Any other reputable sites that carry it? With fast service.

The difference between the 350 Directron has and the one Newegg has is the Newegg on doesn't have the thermally adjusted fan but is otherwise the same supply.

<-- also purchased Fortron 350W from directron. I actually bought a multimeter from RadioShack but I need to buy the battery for it. Gonna pick one up tomorrow then I'll post back with the line readings.

i ordered one as well... it came very highly recommended by larva so i decided to go for it since my generic psu is giving me problems... i should be getting that tonight... last i checked it was out for delivery... i will have that hooked up late tonight and post how it went...

all i can say is wow... this power supply is a whole lot better than my old generic one...

voltages:
core - 1.50v
3.3 - 3.30v
+5 - 5.07v
-12 - -11.47

i would highly recommend this psu if anybody is looking for a new one... i am not sure when they are supposed to get more in stock, but it would be worth the wait... thanks again to larva for suggesting it...

Glad you like :) You only have to use one of these supplies to know how substantial they are, and what a great value they represent.

You listed the -12V, did you mean 12V instead? The -12V is barely used these days, the 12V output is much more of a concern. Likely the actual voltage is right on the money if tested with a good multimeter at the molex rather than the motherboard's (usually highly innacurate) voltage sensing. Be that as it may, if the machine is stable the actual voltages are no doubt good. This supply is a tremendous horse, very easy to recommend.

well that's just what is shown in mbm... i am not sure if that's what it really is and i don't have any other ways of checking at the moment... all that truly matters to me is that my computer has been on without a hitch since i installed the new psu :D

Back