• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Never going back to AIR!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lokicat

Well folks, I just installed my first H20 system. I opted for a pre-built Koolance PC2 system. I know most of you overclockers build your own, but I gotta admit, I'm really not skilled in modding cases. Don't get me wrong, I have a Chem E degree and have thermal dynamics and fluid mechanics down, but man, I can't cut metal to save my life. The last mod I attempted just to add some more case fans looks more like a piece of modern art!

My system came with the Koolance 200G CPU block, but I opted to do a "mini" mod for the GPU block. Since the Koolance one looked like a real POS, I went for the Innovatek GF4 block instead. This was mostly due to the fact that the hose specs are nearly identical between Koolance and Innovatek. There's one catch - you can only use the Koolance PVC hose. The Innovatek version is a little loose on the Koolance connectors, but the Koolance 8 mm hose fits the Innovatek fittings, It's a little tight, but the Koolance hose will fit completely over the Innovatek fittings with a firm effort (wet the fittings first!). Now I'm really tempted to get the Innovatek CPU block, but that's another $70.

So now I got my 2100+ Tbred B humming along at 2.3 GHz and my GF4 4400 at 310 core. Everything is stable and quiet. Life is good. BTW, I spent $250 on the whole setup and spent one day to test and put together.

Nice- Ive never seen someone who wants to go back to air after experiencing water in all its glory :D
- Just wait untill the waterchiller bug hits...

If you want a different block, you should be able to get some barbs and convert it to whatever you need. At worst it will just need to be heated to fit over a larger barb.

Back