• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyway for Digital Out With Klipsch 5.1?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Avalanche

i bought some klipsch 5.1 for christmas...is there anyway to get digital out for these or is it out of the question?

Doesn't your Audigy2 have a digital out port built in? And can't you choose digital output as your default in the setup screens? I ask because I have an Audigy X-Gamer and those options are there with mine:D

DWolf:cool:

the klipsch dont have a digital out port which is why im wondering if i need a decoder or something

The connectors off the speaker control unit should automatically be able to handle digital, it should just be a matter of finding the digital out port of your soundcard and plugging the speakers into it.

Or are you trying to send the signal from your computer, through your speakers rig, to another output source?

Yeah, these are analoge speakers only, I know, it's kind of a bummer..... :)

You can still get surround with a 5.1 card but it won't have DTS or Dolby decoding unless the card supports it (i.e Audigy 2) or you have a decoder that you run SPDIF in and get your seperate analoge ourputs.

Check out Klipsch's own external decoder at http://store.klipsch.com/details.asp?ProdID=8

Its not cheap, but it does provide digital inputs for your speakers as well as decoding of Dolby Digital and DTS.

On another note...

Has anyone seen Klipsch's new speakers, the GMX D-5.1?? :eek:

I think I found a affordable set of speakers. :D

cwb27 said:
Yeah, these are analoge speakers only, I know, it's kind of a bummer..... :)

You can still get surround with a 5.1 card but it won't have DTS or Dolby decoding unless the card supports it (i.e Audigy 2) or you have a decoder that you run SPDIF in and get your seperate analoge ourputs.

Read Avalanche's sig, he's running Audigy 2, which is why I'm wondering where the problem is?

DreamingWolf said:

Read Avalanche's sig, he's running Audigy 2, which is why I'm wondering where the problem is?

Ah well, in that case. Just enable DTS and Dolby decoding on the Audigy and you're good to go! There won't be any quality loss, so don't believe anyone that tells you there will be :)

note to self, be more observent :rolleyes:

Back