• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

micro psu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Depends on what you want to use the PSU for- if you using a VERY basic (win 3.1 basic) system, then maybe THIS may be to your liking but it wont power anything remotely powerful (read the small print).

For more modern systems- these may be more helpful to you. ONE and TWO.

I'm going with the Flex ATX option (link ONE). but im not sure how to measure the output- I know its something to do with the 3.3v and 5v ratings, anyone know how?

What do you want it for anyway?

The first one is a 150 watt psu, the second is a 180. You can guess this pretty well by looking at the names of them. Oh, the second one is also a flexatx psu. Personally, I plan to go with one of these. I've had good luck with Enlight. They're good quality. And 200 watts is probably about as good as you're going to be able to find.

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_...=enlight%20power%20supply/ut=8fa6538473ff7a01

The first one is a 150 watt psu, the second is a 180. You can guess this pretty well by looking at the names of them. Oh, the second one is also a flexatx psu. Personally, I plan to go with one of these.

Well obviously :rolleyes:, I was more on about how to work out the wattage from the 3.3 and 5v lines (I saw it metioned elsewhere in the forum) as they are ment to be more reliable way of getting the Wattage (I'm sure your aware that there isn't a set way of mesuring the Wattage of any electrical product- a bit like companies giving amazingly low noise rating of fans.

But while we are on the sibject... are there any of these PSU's that ARNT P4 frendly (I.E without the extra cables- I'd have nowhere to put them in my tiny case.

Um, I'm not sure, but that first one may not be judging by the name and that the bigger one adds the name 12V indicating that it's got the 12v connections.

You know you can delete your own posts?

click Edit, check the delete box on the left and then click the delete button on the right.

or am I just being stupid by suggesting this to a guy with almost double the stars I have? No offence :)

Eh, I don't think you used to be able to. Or maybe I'm thinking of another board. At any rate, it just didn't register. Thanks. I really never have need for deleteing my posts.

*feeling really stupid now*

this is guna be to power a via 933 mini itx board. i would luv to power a lcd and coathodes to. soo more watts the better

the 200 oughta be plenty. Dell ran 1GHz+ p3's on a 145 watter, with the drives and all. A via c3 ougtha be a cakewalk for a 200.

Im after a Via Epis board too- they say (at www.mini-itx.com) that a 55w (the really small PSU) can run an Epia board and a few other bits- a 150 could definatly run the system with an LCD, not sure about a Cathode tube though- never needed to use one.

Whats your board of choice- I think the new EPIA M 9000 runs on a 933 chip, and is a nice little DVD player setup, even if it only had one RAM socket. I'd go with the 150w PSU.

Back