• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Major Problems With My New 8500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ben721

Official X-Hour Man
I got an 8500 mainly because I didn't like my 7200 anymore and also I was getting a great deal. In 3dmark for my 7200 I got around a 1000. Now with my 8500 I can barely break 4000. I am pretty sure there is a problem with one of my settings somewhere. I am going to try a reformat so hopefully that works. I played with my bios with the same results. Any ideas before I try and reformat?

Windows XP
1700+
Kr7a-raid
512 PC2100

I should be getting at least 7,000

and you should have been gettings around 3k with your 7200....

that is really wierd...do you have the newest Via 4 in 1s installed?

I have the 8500DV and I get a ballpark of 7400.

Hmmm.... AGP 4x (possibly running 1x or 2x? )not enabled maybe? That'd be where I'd want to check first.

I installed the latest VIA drivers and I got 4122.

Where can I find the motherboard's agp driver I lost the cd.

I am thinking I should sell it while the value is still high and save up and by myself a 9500.

good idea?

You've got prob's, Ben, and You've had them for a long time. Before you consider another video card, I strongly suggest re-formatting. You'll double your score, and may not feel the need to upgrade after you get your issues solved...:)

If I can get the 8500 running around 10,000 I will not upgrade. However I reformated last night with no avail. I have tried everything i really am out of ideas.

Ben721 said:
If I can get the 8500 running around 10,000 I will not upgrade. However I reformated last night with no avail. I have tried everything i really am out of ideas.

And you've checked the AGP in BIOS, to make sure it's running at 4x?

Yes I have.

How about AGP voltage someone suggested that.

What brand 8500 do you have? whats the clock speed/memory speed and memory latency in NS?

i am barely breaking 10,000 in 3dmark with an intel [email protected], 512 mb corsair pc3500@ddr434, front side bus at 163 mhz and the oem (64mb) 8500 at 275/275.

I have built by ATI.

275/275

This card deserves to be getting more.

Ben, don't put anything other than windows back on your computer after you re-format.

Did you re-install all your softare after the re-fromatt? Don't!!!

Install the latest Via 4-1's
Also, run DXDIAG, and make sure hardeware acceleration is enabled, download and install the latest Cat3.0 drivers, then download and install 3-Dmark,

PreservedSwine said:
Ben, don't put anything other than windows back on your computer after you re-format.

Did you re-install all your softare after the re-fromatt? Don't!!!

Install the latest Via 4-1's
Also, run DXDIAG, and make sure hardeware acceleration is enabled, download and install the latest Cat3.0 drivers, then download and install 3-Dmark,

I tried this along with a bios flash all to no avail. This card has about 26 more hours.

Back