• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is this alright to do

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

v8vega350

i have noticed that alot of people are asking about cacheing there wu's but there seti prog wont cache as many wu's as they want. well i use setimon and i can take the uncompleated wu and put them in a folder and just cache them myself as many as i want also i can take the compleated wu and do the same in a diffrent folder would this be considered cheating or anything. but just incase it isnt considered bad i was hopeing that it would help people out with cacheing more wu's the there programs can cache. and i figure as long as i cycle them i can keep a few in a seprate folder incase of thoes times where i cant get more wu's to do unexpectedly

Cool, another insane person with a V-8 in a Chevy Vega!
I though I was one of the last ones...heh

I took mine apart and sold the engine (327/325HP out of an old vette) about two years ago. I miss that car, but I dont miss the police following me. :D

ohhhhhh yeah i dont think i could ever get rid of my first baby (my car) i was told at least 450 horse 355 in mine. it isnt the actual car in the pic but i want it took look like it without all the stickers and the stormin normin hood scoop

Yeah, caching of WUs and results are fine! I'd just about kill myself if I couldn't since I've got an evil 56K connection, and usually download about 40WUs at a time. As for suggesting your caching program if they seem to be having a problem caching enough, that's fine too. I used to do that when people were having problems they couldn't seem to fix with their caching util.

JigPu

JigPu said:
Yeah, caching of WUs and results are fine! I'd just about kill myself if I couldn't since I've got an evil 56K connection, and usually download about 40WUs at a time

JigPu
ouch i remember the 56 k day's downloading 40 wu's must take seem like forever compaired to broadband were it only takes like 5 seconds or less per wu i guess i take it for granted :(

i just figured i would say something cause a lot of people were having probles with d/l wu's and having nothing to do after all the wu's they have cached are completed they dont have nothing to fall back on so for thoes rare instances i have a 2nd cache to fall back on

Back