• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone heard of Fudin??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Steelejaxon

Registered
I saw this case on Fry's online for $49.99 after rebate

Fudin ATX-268WUP 350W Blue Mid Tower ATX Case

Since I don't need anything too extreme I just wanted to check and see if anyone has heard of it before I order. Has USB 2.0, 2 x 80 Fan side mounted and clear side with blue cold cathode light inside. I checked on Google and couldn't find a manufacturer site so....hoping someone here may have heard about them. It will house a Asus A7N8X dlx, AMD2100+ Tbred, GeForce4Ti4200, 2 x 256MB RAM and probably Thermaltake 9 HSF. What do you think??

The power supply is a poor place to cut corners, especially on a Nforce2 machine. I recommend to 350 Fortron/Sparkle as a practical minumum for your application. The 400W Fortron/Sparkle is not overkill for this very thirsty chipset. Other suitable options include the Antec True Power 430 or 480, but they are a bit pricier. All the windows, lights and fans in the world are no replacement for a quality power supply. I recommend www.directron.com for cases and power supplies. I suggest a Chieftec tower without a power supply and a the aforementioned Fortron 350 or 400. It's not 49.99, but as the case and power supply are the foundation of your machine's overall quality level it is not the place to cheap out.

Steelejaxon said:
I saw this case on Fry's online for $49.99 after rebate

Fudin ATX-268WUP 350W Blue Mid Tower ATX Case

Since I don't need anything too extreme I just wanted to check and see if anyone has heard of it before I order. Has USB 2.0, 2 x 80 Fan side mounted and clear side with blue cold cathode light inside. I checked on Google and couldn't find a manufacturer site so....hoping someone here may have heard about them. It will house a Asus A7N8X dlx, AMD2100+ Tbred, GeForce4Ti4200, 2 x 256MB RAM and probably Thermaltake 9 HSF. What do you think??

I recently purchased this case from Fry's...it's not that bad of a case, it's actually exactly the same as the Raidmax case (even comes with a Raidmax PSU). I ended up replacing the PSU with an Antec SmartBlue 350 (it was free). Though I only used the Raidmax PSU for about 4 weeks...it did seem pretty decent, obviously not the best, but decent.

As for the case, it's alright, seems pretty cramped and the side fans cause the side panel to rattle occasionally (can be fixed by a light blow to the side of the case :p ) or you can get some foam material and put it between the chassis and the panel...worked for me :)

Back