• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

operation flashpoint

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i have it also , never got to beat it sience i beat me old pc to death b/c it was a f***n pos.

its probably my 2nd fav game to WWIIOL Blitz

i have

Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis
Operation Flashpoint: Red Hammer
Operation Flashpoint: VS 1.30 upgrade cd for both games

After i finish putting my pc parts together [will be here tommarow or friday] and after testin and such , ill be beating both of them. As i am only a few missions away on the russian campaing. [saved my save game file , it took me to long to get where i was lol]

i think the Russian Campaing [red hammer] has a better storyline and gameplay to it then the original. Mainly b/c i know alot about american , german , french , british, italian and such EQ but to ride in a T80 or BMT is just fun. Esp the beach landings in the BMT-2's

i cant stand BF1942 , it just makes me mad at how unrealistic it is. I playd it once , it was ok , but i couldnt play it long as it p***d me off when you fired a 80mm ATG from the tiger and the round lobs like a French Char Leger Modele 1935-R's APX-R turrit mounted 37mm SA 18 L/21 ..

And the health bars - errrr.....

I have Oper. Flashpoint. I like it for the mission editor and the ability to, like, mow cars to hell when ur in a Humvee, but.... I hate the floating crosshairs. The damned thing takes so long to connect to a game, and they made it so difficult to do so, I said F**K IT! I AM NEVER PLAYING THIS ONLINE AGAIN! (This may be because I am used to Half-Life: Counter-Strike being able to connect so fast.)

If u use Gamespy, it connects pretty fast sometimes....but the game is kinda of buggy with so many updates and add ons/mods, etc...overall, its a fun game though...I just ordered the Resistance add on...i heard its better than the cold war crisis...

God I hate it when people whine about BF1942 not being realistic.

Guess what!!?!??!!!??! ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE REALISTIC..

Its a fun war game.. not a complicated stratagy one.. its mroe about the gameplay then the technical correctness of it.

If you want a realistic game then get flashpoint.

Battlefield was NOT designed to be realistic.. it weas designed to be fun and they have succeeded in that goal

i know bf42 isnt supposd to be real , but theres alot they could have done to make the simpe things atleast look more real then lala land. Its a good game for what its for but when you get people who play bf42 and THINK its real go play a simulation they think the simulation is hogwash b/c they die in maybe 1 hit and theres no lifebar.

alot of game reviews say its a simulation , infact is is not , its just a shoot em up fps.

do you complain about Quake3 or Unreal Tournament or pretty much 95% of the games out there because they arent real?

if you want realism gaming isnt the place to be...join the army or go on a gun rampage or something...

but Operation Flashpoint rules...that could of been amazing if they hadnt of completely messed it up internet wise - and still can you join a game in session or do you have to wait aaaages for it to finish?

Back