• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PSU help , pos or ok ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kianss

my new pc's case came with a 350 Watt Channel Well Tech PSU , i havent used it yet as i am in the progress of gettin the last part i need [new windows cd] and then ill be off.

Will the psu be eny good or should i upgrade fast?

Danke for eny help

im going to upgrade to a 550 watt when i get the money
along with a nicer water cooling block but i wont be overclocking till i get a larger power supply.

well ill be overclocking to a 1800mhz probably till i get more money to upgrade the stuff i listed. ect ect.

This Japanese website shows that the Antec 350W SmartPower and 380W TruePower are rebadged Channel Well Technology. Notice "CWT" (barely) printed on top of each transformer:

up02.jpg
up02.jpg

I know you need good "clean" power, but I currently have all of the following running on a 160 watt power supply

P4 2.4Ghz
256MB DDR
Radeon 9700Pro
SB Audigy
Modem
16x DVD drive
48X CDRW
floppy

The system has been running 24/7 crunching seti when I'm not messing with it.

BTW, it is a pre-built system from an "unamed manufacturer", but I have not had one lock or error with this machine. I've also researched many other current.

Back