• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FINALLY!!! Been waiting for this for years!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Breadfan

Inactive Moderator
As I write this, I'm currenlty FINALLY on cable and off my 56k!

I almost miss it...no more getting a sandwich while a webpage downloads!

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!

Okay.

A chunk of data being sent via the TCP/IP protocol leaves a Redhat 7.2 Linux server in Bejing at exactly 14:07:33.675. It's heading for Windows .NET server in Northern California.

At the exact same time a chunk of data being sent by IPX leaves a Win 98SE desktop station in Toronto, Canada, heading for a router exchange system in Minesota, before heading to New York, and finally, to a 2kPro (SP2) machine in Germany.

You with me so far?

Oh man, I know the feeling...

When I got my dsl, my blood was pumping so hard I couldn't even go to sleep at night.

These forums suddenly got a lot more interesting...even the long threads with pics! :)

LoL, thanks TPC, I know we've been in the same boat with 56k...somehow I figured you'd beat me to broadband too...

Congrats on broadband Breadfan! At least somebody here's getting it :rolleyes:

...Goes to make a sandwich while the post submits....
JigPu

I remember when I got DSL back in late September.....I kept doing speed test after speed test and then I jumped up and down when I saw that I had passed the 1mb barrier. I called some friends to tell them about my new blazing internet and they were like "okay, um, you're crazy, but can I come over and use it?" LOL :D

OMG I know the feeling! I speed tested last night, and got 1.4mbps. I went nuts!

And I've been calling all my friends telling them how I have wireless on my laptop and I can sit anyhwere in my house and get near T1 d/l speeds!

Breadfan said:
As I write this, I'm currenlty FINALLY on cable and off my 56k!

I almost miss it...no more getting a sandwich while a webpage downloads!

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!

I almost cried when I first got roadrunner, prior to that I was using netzero (when it was still free/unlimited).

ohh man..im coming up on a year of having cable...i remember telling one of my brothers friends, "im always going to love this thing, its just so fast, nothing compares to it"

now i think its kinda slow sometimes, and if i dont get 150+kb/s on a download i cancel it and find another mirror...spoiled i say...but i paid for the modem myself, so im not completely spoiled :)

not fair at all i really want to get the 10/100 but...well maybe in a month or two...but good for you dude

you people are lucky gettin more then a mb a second
when i got my cable internet i did a whole bunch of tests for how fast it goes and i havnt gotten over 380kb/s since i got it

I know how you feel had dial up for like 10 years and now road runner and im getting dowload speeds of like 4-500 kbps

you people are lucky gettin more then a mb a second
when i got my cable internet i did a whole bunch of tests for how fast it goes and i havnt gotten over 380kb/s since i got it

Are ya paying for the unlimited? My Cable co has 2 different packages, you can pay for the cheap one. Then they have the one i got.... I run a linux Gameserver,and a web page with fourms. It never lags....

clash said:

Are ya paying for the unlimited? My Cable co has 2 different packages, you can pay for the cheap one. Then they have the one i got.... I run a linux Gameserver,and a web page with fourms. It never lags....

if you mean unlimited as in download as much as i want yeah i can download as much as i want and they wont do anything about it

Back