• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BSOD - What do they tell you

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

markodude

Hi people
Ive starting getting reboots at 3ghz in XP, I have disabled the "automatically restart" in advanced startup and recovery, and now I get a BSOD.
I was wondering if you can find out much from the BSOD or the memory dump that is written to %systemroot%\minidump. My BSOD says IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL but I wanted to find out more from the memory dump, unless aanyone can tell from the BSOD what is causing the prob...my system was stable in Prime95 at 3ghz, could it be the fact I am running a new BIOS that is causing probs?

From my experience, any BSOD assuming your drivers are all compatable is due to not getting enough voltage to the CPU. Not getting enough voltage to the memory usually results in lock-ups or getting kicked back to the desktop from applications. Hope this helps.

:( I wish, I have two a 1.8ES and a 2.53ES, both are still multiplier locked
Thanks for the input guys, BTW JD Im chasing u on SETI, but you keep increasing your WU output!

Back