• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

useing sparkle fan control in other psu's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RCtruckguy

i have an extra one (just out of a sparkle last night) and would it be possable to put it in another PSU? (aka my current one)

the reason i took it out is because this PSU is being converted to always on and the noise won't matter. also i will be buying alot of these psu's so if people are interested i could possably sell them for a small price. thanks alot guys~RCTG

....what exactly controls the speed of the fan?

I thought it was the power supply controlling how much voltage to give to the fan. Say, if it gets X hot, then it provides the full 12V, otherwise it's on a lower setting.

If you want it always on, you could just connect it to one of the molex's from the power supply(you would have to wire it to a male end first of course)

its a circuit board with a thermisistor on it wired to the fans wires. it was screwed to the heat sink on the mosfets. i'm nearly 99% sure i can just splice it in other fans and have it work...~RCTG

Back