• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What to get for 500$?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aem

i am a newbie and dont know much about waterclocking, i have 500$ to spend on this and want to buy a complete kit that includes cpu, hdd ,chipset , video card cooler . but i amnot sure which brand to get iam thinking about buying innovatek kit( with hdd,chipset ,video card cooler) from this store Xoide that costs:$421.91
or is it better to get a custom make kit from ?CoolTechica that costs:$322.99(with everything ,except hddcooler )

and if i buy any of these kits, do i still need extra stuff?any ideas thks..?

why not get a prometia? if you are spending 500 dollars, save another month and get a prommy... i doubt you would regret it. I would never consider paying 500 dollars for water cooling.

hdd and chipset water cooling are really extraneous until you get to really high overclocks. i dont mean to question your judgement, i just wanted to help and to make sure you considered all your options before you spend where you may not need to.

Xoxide kit looks OK, but you'd be better off to spend a little time looking around and piece together your own system.

I.M.O.G. said:
why not get a prometia? if you are spending 500 dollars, save another month and get a prommy... i doubt you would regret it. I would never consider paying 500 dollars for water cooling.

hdd and chipset water cooling are really extraneous until you get to really high overclocks. i dont mean to question your judgement, i just wanted to help and to make sure you considered all your options before you spend where you may not need to.

This is almost exactly what I was going to say. Past $200 on a watercooling rig, and you really start running into diminishing returns. If I had that kind of money to spend on cooling equipment, I would definately look into phase-change cooling.

I.M.O.G. said:

i know you want to help me and i really want to thank you for this. and i am listening your ideas last time you told me not to by zalman i listened to you canceled the order and this time i will wait for the prometia:)

heres a link: http://www.chip-con.com/cooler.asp

keep in mind that this is only a cpu cooler and if you wanted to cool other components you would have to do so by other means... but your overclocking capability will be far greater with this than it would be with the kits you were looking at before, and this would likely last you as a cpu cooling solution for much time to come.

500 bucks! If you're willing to spend a lot, I strongly suggest you buy a White Water Waterblock. It is currently THE best performing block you can buy. You can find them for sale at www.jpiperformance.com, or private message the forum member Cathar about info.

dtekcustoms.com
ProCore Combo (radiator and fan shroud)
Eheim 1250 pump
Redline Water Wetter (get some distilled water at a local store)
1/2" tygon tubing

There is a relay you can buy to automaticly turn the pump on with the computer, don't know what website carries this though.

I really don't think its necessary to watercool all those components. The cpu of course, and maybe the gpu, but Chipset cooling and hard drive water cooling are overkill in my opinion, and will make setting up your first water cooler a major pain in the ***.

Have you chosen a case to put all this in? Antec cases are very popular for watercooling

*edit* Just read you're saving up for a prometia now. :p

the problem with the prometia is that it's only a CPU cooler. He's still completely neglecting the chipset, video card, and hard drive. The advantage of the complete watercooled system over the prometia will be that everything is cooled, and you will have a virtually silent computer. You will be able to get rid of almost all your fans (except for the power supply). There are many options available in watercooling that are still about half the price of a prometia.

i saw about prometia the results are incredible-35C but it Weights 27kg. the shipping will cost too much from Us. i am in Turkey .and the http://www.chip-con.com doesnt ship to Turkey,they just ship to Eu countries!Why didnt they let Turkey to enter Eu!ahh...:mad:

oh wow, in turkey. I suggest you do some looking at articles and reviews to see whats up nowadays, you could probably get everythign to you, for maybe 300-350shipped, I think. dont go promedia, like neomoses said, doesnt cool anything else, and hdd cooling isnt necessary if you have fans, just airflow is all you need but a hdd block would be pretty cool, I would like to make me some sometime.

JML has a good suggestion, but get some other kind of water additive, like zertex, theres a review at my site, click the WWW below this post.

theres also a few stickys you can check out right in the watercooling section here.

Jon

JML said:
500 bucks! If you're willing to spend a lot, I strongly suggest you buy a White Water Waterblock. It is currently THE best performing block you can buy. You can find them for sale at www.jpiperformance.com, or private message the forum member Cathar about info.

dtekcustoms.com
ProCore Combo (radiator and fan shroud)
Eheim 1250 pump
Redline Water Wetter (get some distilled water at a local store)
1/2" tygon tubing

There is a relay you can buy to automaticly turn the pump on with the computer, don't know what website carries this though.

I really don't think its necessary to watercool all those components. The cpu of course, and maybe the gpu, but Chipset cooling and hard drive water cooling are overkill in my opinion, and will make setting up your first water cooler a major pain in the ***.

Have you chosen a case to put all this in? Antec cases are very popular for watercooling

*edit* Just read you're saving up for a prometia now. :p

ditto

OMG, 500 yeesh, watch what you spend on coolin, buddy.

JFettig said:
oh wow, in turkey. I suggest you do some looking at articles and reviews to see whats up nowadays, you could probably get everythign to you, for maybe 300-350shipped, I think. dont go promedia, like neomoses said, doesnt cool anything else, and hdd cooling isnt necessary if you have fans, just airflow is all you need but a hdd block would be pretty cool, I would like to make me some sometime.

JML has a good suggestion, but get some other kind of water additive, like zertex, theres a review at my site, click the WWW below this post.

theres also a few stickys you can check out right in the watercooling section here.

Jon
the link doesnt work...

Back