• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

must be a perfect case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

myrmidon84

Registered
wow i just searched this site for my case and the only post i found was to a thread i put in myself...so hey if you want to check it out...www.skyhawkusa.com/galaxy_case.htm

since it isn't listed in the search this must mean that it is the perfect case right?

NO, the power supply opening on the back was flipped around so i had to put the p/s in upside down, and that really hurts the p/s fan's performance...

oh well, that is the only thing i have found wrong with it so far...

(oh btw i have the optional Q-WINDOW):cool:

Last edited:
sorry about that guys hope the edit helps to clarify...if not just check out the website

I've been look for the "perfect" case. It seems impossible to find, and I don't know if I would purchase now if I found it anyways.

All that I want is something under $60, material doesn't really matter, good flexibility (features such as removable trays), good circulation, and style wouldn't hurt (actually it's pretty important :) ). I've seen a few cases that seems to fit this description fairly well, such as a few chieftecs. It just seems I haven't found the perfect one.

got my case for 50 bucks...no brand label or anything... just VT-7118 :) overall it was ok as for style. PSU had some problems but got it replaced and all was well....tho it didnt come with enough mounting screws for things :) ...getting ready to add a window, paint the case and drive bezels, install cathodes, add blowhole, add another 120mm exhaust fan (the stock fans were total crap tho) and redo all the switches and LEDs...other than that..it was perfect ^_^ heh

*edit* also need to drill/cut out vent holes in teh front, top, back and sides... :D

Last edited:
myrmidon84 said:
wow i just searched this site for my case and the only post i found was to a thread i put in myself...so hey if you want to check it out...www.skyhawkusa.com/galaxy_case.htm

since it isn't listed in the search this must mean that it is the perfect case right?

NO, the power supply opening on the back was flipped around so i had to put the p/s in upside down, and that really hurts the p/s fan's performance...

oh well, that is the only thing i have found wrong with it so far...

(oh btw i have the optional Q-WINDOW):cool:

I ve been looking at that case for my daughters rig and wonder what you think of the quality and design. Any issues like optical drives not fitting/hitting mobo parts or anything like that?

Pretty good looking case but far from perfect. Just the cooling alone (1 80mm and 1 60mm fan mounting) disqualifies it from that title.

ya know...on second glance that case looks almost identical to mine..heh, except its got 2 extra internal 3.5's and a window. but all the rest is almost identical....oh well :rolleyes:

Directron and some others carry that case, it is cool but not perfect. The CPU blower is a new one for that case, it is pretty cool. The "perfect" case would have a grill where the blower brings air in and not the drilled holes, those suck. Same with the 60mm Exhaust fans.:D

the lian li cases are a really good case, i would luv the pc75 full tower! but since i am on a budget i only afford the pc60 with the pc65 window pannel on it...

Best Case

I think the best case is the Lian Li Alumunim as the alumunim case
realy disapates the heat rapidly. I currently have a thermaltake Xaser II Aluminum Case but it doesnt seem to disapate the heat as well.

Pentium4 2.5ghz, Asus P4B, 640megs PC133 SDRAM, MSI G4Ti4200 128DDR Thermaltake Xaser II 6000 Series Aluminium with 420watt Enermax PS, 48X16X48 CD-RW, (1-Maxter 20Gig, 1Maxter 10Gig, 1-20 Gig Western Digital)@7200RPM, Logitech MX700 mouse

CoolerMaster always has, and always will, make the best cases available for standard air cooling. Fan placement, build quality, and features are all top notch. They cost more than most, but are well worth it.

I've just seen that case in person at a computer show at Dupage College (around Chicago) and it had a tri-color LED at the bottom slowly changing colors in a cycle. It looked WAY COOL!. Overall, I thought it was a nice case.

What I fail to understand is why EVERY case that I have ever seen with front panel ports has those ports located at the bottom or middle of the case. I have an Evercase with the ports in the middle. Any chimpanzee with a couple of brain cells to rub together would know that most people sit their (mid)tower computers on the floor and therefore, should mount those ports at the TOP of the case. I installed one of those 'port replicators' in the top 5 1/4" bay in my main gaming rig. It's just the only place where it makes sense to plug in your headphones, microphone, joystick, USB and Firewire devices. Mine even has a volume control--wouldn't THAT be a brilliant move to locate that at the bottom of your case...

I ve been looking at that case for my daughters rig and wonder what you think of the quality and design. Any issues like optical drives not fitting/hitting mobo parts or anything like that?

nothing but the power supply...however if you get the window it will have a fan in the middle and if you put one in the top (i did) it looks good and brings the fan count to 3x80mm and 1x60mm...all you need is a hole saw...

sorry it took so long to get back to you...internet was down

i found a case w/ a little foldy thig like that for the CPU ina dumpster once... it was a HP case... lol

yeah and it should stay in the dumpster...it actually raised the temp about 3degreesC...*sneeze*hp $uck$*sneeze*

and one more thing

I installed one of those 'port replicators' in the top 5 1/4" bay in my main gaming rig. It's just the only place where it makes sense to plug in your headphones, microphone, joystick, USB and Firewire devices. Mine even has a volume control

Where did you get that...might be interested in it...:p

hrm... before i just looked at the pic... now that i understand more the toppic of the thread i think the perfect case would be the second rendition of my case shich i have yet to desigen... the main problems w/ my case are- minor airflow restrictions and parts not fitting well... but thats my fault i did it worng w/ my original desigen it would be perfect... easy access, lookes cool, good airflow over key points, and moer.. the only problem w/ it is that it sits horizontal (for safety as big heatsinks and Lan parties dont always mix well) and some people dont like that... i do and i made so i gess thats not really a negative:D

Re: and one more thing

myrmidon84 said:

Where did you get that...might be interested in it...:p

http://www.svcompucycle.com/514inmuladpa.html

This one isn't exactly like mine, but close. I think I got mine originally from SVC, but they don't seem to have the same model available now. Mine has a game port, one Firewire, and no PS/2 port. This one has no game port, two Firewire, and one PS/2 port.

Back