• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1002 final bios, get it here!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
SUCESSSSSSS!!!!!! OMG the bios is finally holding my overclocked settings after reboot!!!! praise the lord!!!!! finally this virgin of a motherboard gave up ! and i popped her cherry.....

new bios and new battery= WIN!

finally i dont havet to go into bios every reboot :(

thank the lord!

Right on :) I have found the same thing, everything is the same as the 1002.003 beta except it actually HOLDS the bios settings every time *LOL*

Just2Good99

I have almost the same setup only a different grafka...

2700 stock

I just got my rma board back from asus and flashed it with bios 1002.001 (i tried ALL the others) this bios is the only one that does not lock the multi to 12.5/13

I'm running 12x190 stable (tested it with prime95 3 hrs)

maybe this will help!

good luck

THANK ALL THAT IS GOOD IN THE UNIVERSE! I was about to start regretting my mobo purchase...after my difficulties with 1001.C (the not-saving, the inability to change settings without necessitating a CMOS clearing...etc, etc.) I haven't tried it yet, i think i will go get a new battery first....i dont know if the battery thing is also a cuplrit...or not...but i want it all to be perfect!

btw ~ think that going Async at 200FSB and 166RAM would be worse than 170Synced? i am using (2 stix, crucial, and best buy) PC2100, and so far all i can hit is 170...i am not sure if that is 1001.C's fault or not, heh! I SHALL SEE! YOSH!

~if what i hear is true, there is a god...
-dreammmatt

Man, i hope this clears up my problems too. I am regretting buying this MB. Can't change anything in bios without it not posting, and having to reset cmos. I changed the DATE once and it wouldn't post! Please please please work.

battery is a must! i got mine tested that came with the board, measure at 2.8 volts, bought a new battery at a computer shop, 10 bucks :( but it measure at 3.3 volts every time.... its just a 3v that measures high...

that and the bios update cured all my stuff!

nc tramp, gonna try that sometime tonight :)

good choice for stuff btw :)

What is all this discussion about the battery...I have some laying around, should I replace mine? Or if only I am having problems.

There is a thread on another Forum from some top dogs that say the battery that ships with this MB is no good. Replacing the baterry seems to have cleared up alot of problems for them.

is this for deluxe or non deluxe board? cuz i tried to flash with non deluxe and i got wrong file size error and i had to reboot.

about the batteries, where can I find them? I have like no computer stores near me, only things I could think of are radio shack, circuit city, and compusa. is it hard to replace mobo batteries?

I have the Deluxe version and it went fine.
I went to my local computerpartsusa and they only had 3v batteries.. Are you saying to just replace the current 3v with another 3v? Do they make a 3.3 ?

This is for the delux version :) ALso I got my batteries at fry's electronics for $1.99 each :)

thx! i found a place that sells them, now i never replaced a mobo battery b4 so i need some assurance its easy :) when i kno sumtin is easy i can then not get nervous and drop it or sumtin hehe

clash said:
I have the Deluxe version and it went fine.
I went to my local computerpartsusa and they only had 3v batteries.. Are you saying to just replace the current 3v with another 3v? Do they make a 3.3 ?

just get a reg 3v but have it measured so you can see how much it puts out, most good 3v batts put out about 3.3 or higher when its just a 3v....

i work at circuit city and they dont got them, radio shack i went to and they didnt have good ones, try a compu store if you can , or a place online called batterys r us or something like that.

My take on the new bios

I tried this new bios, and have had NOTHING but problems. In fact, this is what I think of it:

dung.jpg

Yes, the battery has been replaced and reads 3.124V on my DVOM. As for the problems, it's been one crash after another, with many times NO reboot. It has even crashed while compiling VisualC++ programs! :eek: Shoot, my old 400MHz PII could chew C++ no problem, and this machine can't??? Betty was screaming about the memory AND the CPU, and would just give me a blank screen (with no IDE activity). :mad: I even went to such lengths as to take the memory and processor to be tested where I purchased them! Still dumbfounded :bang head: I reloaded the older 1002 BIOS, and have been up and running with no problems since.

As bad as my experience has been, I still wanna say thanks to those who put the link up for it, and also good luck to those who want to try it. I don't know, mebbe it has something to do with my setup, but all I know is that I'm pretty stable and getting good speed with what I have......at least until I get that TBred B next week. :cool:

Oh yeah, my machine's main stuff:
Athlon XP 2000+, Palomino core, AROIA made in 0213MPM
Samsung DDR PC3200 256MB
Volcano 9 S&SFII, Maxed out temp never exceeds 41C
FSB @ 166MHz, multi @ 11.0x, Vcore @ 1.800V, AGP locked @ 67MHz

i work at circuit city and they dont got them, radio shack i went to and they didnt have good ones, try a compu store if you can , or a place online called batterys r us or something like that.

So what brands of batteries are a good choice?

Back