• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick nView question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lazerin

This should be a fairly easy question, but I can't seem to figure it out :(

Anywho...I have two monitors running from my ti4400. How do I make it so that full screen applications/games run on the secondary monitor and not the primary?

To elaborate, I have my normal 'primary' monitor with taskbar, icons etc and I have the 'secondary' monitor which is just a blank wallpaper, with nothing else. During normal use, I can just drag windows from the primary monitor to the secondary monitor etc.

However, when I run any program, including full screen progs like games, they always open on my primary monitor. This is only a problem with full screen progs as I want to be able to play games etc on my secondary monitor.

How do I do it?!
Please help :)

p.s I also have TVTool.

Last edited:
You might have tried this...

Maybe it will help... ok unfortunatky i am not sitting at home where i got this setup so i will do this from recall so bare with me:D right click on your desktop-->Properties-->Settings tab-->Advanced button-->Click on the tab named "GeForce ..."(something to that effect;)). In doing that you should get that pop "up" menu to the left. It is something like "overlay control", I think you may find what you are looking for there;)

Yes, I already have that turned on, BUT it doesnt have anything to do with full screen apps. That only moves video that you are playing on the primary monitor onto the secondary monitor, and it only works if you have overlays enabled in the video player that your using.

Appreciate the help tho...please keep it coming everyone :)

Display properties->Settings
Click on the second monitor, check the box next to Use this device as the primary monitor, hit apply, now the full screen games will open on the second monitor instead of the first

i'm pretty sure the above mentioned will work....I like for my full sceen apps to open in my main monitor though(19" flat screen is way better than the 17" secondary)I accidently hit the make secondary monitor the primary and everything opens on the second monitor. I didnt like it. :)

I don't think you guys fully read what I said at the start :>
I wanted to keep the primary monitor as a primary monitor eg everything like icons, task bar etc on it. And if I change the primary monitors, then everything else will appear on my other monitor, which defeats the purpose. All that has been done is that the two monitors have been swapped, much the same result as if the monitors were physically moved.

Anyway, I have already tried that before.

Ok, I'll give it a shot. Right click the desktop and hit properties, settings tab, advanced. Now hit Geforce4 and the pop up menu on the left will come up. Click on the nView option. It will pop up a screen and will give you an option like 'clone' or 'span' and whatnot. Now, when I click 'clone' it makes my desktop appear on BOTH screens. You can then choose which screen to make primary. The result is on the screen which is right now your primary, you can see your icons, your taskbar, and everything. The same stuff will appear on your secondary monitor as well. The difference is that fullscreen apps will appear on the secondary monitor (secondary to you, primary as far as your computer is concerned) and what you will see on your screen that you use for primary will be a blank screen when you play a movie, etc. Of course, your secondary monitor will display your taskbar, etc, not just a blank desktop.

The difference is that fullscreen apps will appear on the secondary monitor (secondary to you, primary as far as your computer is concerned) and what you will see on your screen that you use for primary will be a blank screen when you play a movie, etc. Of course, your secondary monitor will display your taskbar, etc, not just a blank desktop.

I want to utilise both monitors for desktop operations. Thx for trying tho, any more ideas?

Just to clear things up, here's what I want:
Use both monitors.

One primary, one secondary.

On the primary monitor, I want to display the taskbar, icons etc.
On the secondary mointor, I just want a blank desktop in which I can drag windows etc from the primary onto the secondary so that I have things displayed on both monitors when needed eg in IE, I can drag one window onto the primary so that there is a different webpage displayed on each monitor.

All applications (including games) defaultly open on the primary monitor.

I can usually drag applications accross to the secondary monitor if needed, unless it is a full screen application (eg games).

I want to make it so that full screen applications open defaultly on the secondary monitor.

Back