• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is the blackice pro crap?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hc1001

i seriously think that is my bottleneck in my water system...

idle 32C, full load 46C
1/2" tubing
eheim 1048>Blackice pro>maze 3>res>pump

has anyone have experience with blackice pro and upgraded to another rad??? how was the improvement??? thx for any info... i just dunno if i wanna buy another rad cause the black ice pro was $50...shoulda got the extreme....

Shoulda got a heatercore.

Because the fin area is relatively small, the airflow through that rad becomes critical. If your fans are running at 7v, bump them up to 12V: you'll see what I mean.

You have a 14 deg C variation, between low and high. If I remember correctly, I think it means that your TIM joint is poor.:confused: then again, it might just be the airflow.

i believe that my cpu block is on right....using as3...its a ***** to reseat it....but ive been running this way for almost 2 months...my 120mm fan is 79CFM. and i made a little shroud for it and the rad...it improved the time it took to return to 32C.

do u have any advice??? should i reseat the cpu block? get a better rad?

mobo temps report 28-30C

Get a heatercore with shroud.

In fact, since I'm getting a custom job done from DodgeViper, I'm selling my D-Tek HC w/shroud (never used).

Let me know if you're interested.

hc1001 said:
i seriously think that is my bottleneck in my water system...

idle 32C, full load 46C
1/2" tubing
eheim 1048>Blackice pro>maze 3>res>pump

has anyone have experience with blackice pro and upgraded to another rad??? how was the improvement??? thx for any info... i just dunno if i wanna buy another rad cause the black ice pro was $50...shoulda got the extreme....

I had the exact same setup but with a Swiftech MCW5000 and my high temps were from 42-44C. I knew the rad was bottlenecking my system so i went out and bought a Chrome BIX and now my temps are 36-38 full load! :D

BTW, I also went from a 70CFM Panaflo L1A to a delta at 86CFM,
so that might of helped as well

Perhaps a second fan/shroud would be a cheap option for you.

Just put it in a push/pull configuration. If this helps a lot, then you know you need to save up for a different rad like a heater core.

Like this...

fan - shroud - BI - shroud - fan

a fan shroud is used to give the heatercore more efficiency by drawing air through all of the radiator instead of just the area that the fan covers. Here is a popular one.

Which one is the BI pro? I know the normal one, the extreme, the "2" and the extreme 2, but not the "pro"..

Anyway, adding a shroud for the BI series is very easy, just insert standoff screws in the pre drilled holes on the rad, and keep building layers of standoffs until the right height. Then som tape around it all..

I use the BI 2 with two fans at 7V, cooling AMD1.33Ghz, NB and ati8500. Idle 30, load 35.

How is the air flow set up on your rad, do you have fresh air coming in through your radiator or do you have case air going out through your radiator. Also if your only running one fan on it do you have it pushing or pulling air throught it?

what kind of 80mm fans are you using as intakes in front of your rad? maybe you should ditch the two 80mm fans and stick another 120mm and shroud in front of the rad pulling in as Shroomer suggested...otherwise at this point you might want to try remounting that block if you haven't already

yea im gonna reseat the maze 3....hope something changes....

Hey! You've got the HC, great!

I'd recommend upgrading your airflow through the system as well as reseating, although it looks a little tight to fit in another shroud and fan.....

BTW, how are you measuring your temps? Do you know how accurate they are?

yea i got the HC. thx.
if anything i guess i might buy one of those bay res that Dtek makes....geez so much money wasted and nothing to show for it....
temps are accurate. im gonna try reseating the cpu block. hope that helps....i just gotta find time to take everything apart.... :eek:

lol i was thinking about that but that would kill my water flow i think....hehe im gonna try that first b4 i take my maze3 off.... which should the water go first, blackice pro or the HC?

Back