• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I can't beleive its only 250 canadian

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

itizme

Just got a new printer, yes a cheap one but a 5 in 1 none the less
Brother MFC3100C and I am blown away
Setup, simple
colour copy
black and white copy
colour fax
black and white fax
Fax
Nice software
and not too big either

I threw a picture in it, a really glossy one at that and I have to be honest that with a push of a button or two, I selected high quality. Regular copy paper and WOW.

I can't beleive I had the office pay for this toy, now its not even mine but it is at home none the less.

Trust me there is a reason for printer being cheap....the ink cartrige is expensive.

Heck, my Canon BJ-2000 cost me like 130 Canadian after taxes, but damm each ink cartridge cost me $45+15% tax canadian. I must have bought enough ink cartridge to buy more than 2 printers by now.

Oh, and I will NEVER buy re-used cartridge again, bought one, it could not even print it right, the ink was low grade quality. Good thing I repackaged it back and returned back to Office Depot.

I agree, ink carts are a rip off but I have used refills for a couple of years now, I seem to get about a year out of some cartridges before I ahve to replace them with OEM ones.
I gave my daughter the canon 2100, she liked it more than her lexmark which seemed to eat the paper alot.

lexmark...those are sold cheap, always wondered why, guess now I know.

But that Canon 2100 is a lot better than HP Printers, I used to have a HP 600, damm loud and always problems with it and it used to weight quite a lot, unlike Canon, which is super light.

Choose the Canon cause after 3 years with the HP printer, the new HP model one I saw, weighted the same and design were the same. You would have think they would make it light after all these years. Heck it would cost me more to ship the item somewhere than selling that junk.

HUH?!?

I have never had a problem with HP printers. Honestly, they're the best I've ever worked with as far as longevity and "toughness."

The hospital I work at has nothing but HP printers. They all, quite literally, print nonstop, 24 hours a day. We have HP laser printers for lab result printouts, and pharmacy use. We have some older HP deskjets that print NONSTOP all day and all night printing EKG results.

I've got two HP deskjets at home. One is a 712C, it's about 4 or 5 years old (not sure exactly...but it came with my brand-new 400mhz Celeron computer [a high-end budget box at the time], if that tells you anything) and I've never had to do anything but change the ink carts. The only problem I ever had is that this printer will not work at ALL on a network, it will only print from the computer it is hardwired to.

The other deskjet is model 600 (or something), it's at least 2 years older than the other (it was used with a 300mhz k6[a top-of-the-line box at the time])...never a problem with it, either. It DOES work on a network, but we don't use it, as the 712C is a little faster, and prints with a bit better quality.

Anyway...sorry about the OT rant. Congrats on getting a nice printer/scanner/copier for cheap!

Back