• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is the overclock causing this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tipycol

Didn't happen before I overclocked, but when I ran my 1600+ overclocked, every time I shut down Windows XP, I always get the end task screen for CCAPP.EXE (btw, anyone know what this is?). So I reset the comp, and the next time I ended the task as soon as it booted, but when I shut down, I get a end task screen for realplayer. So, figuring maybe XP wasn't installed right, I did a fresh install (without the system being overclocked), but they still come up. So do you think it's the fact that it's overclocked or is it something else?

CCAPP.exe is a Symantec program that launches and supports the functionality of their newer programs, such as Antivirus 2003 and Internet Security.

If multiple applications show up this symptom after a fresh format with no Windows tweaking, then it could be that the software is corrupted, or if you are overclocking a great deal, these applications may not be functioning as they are supposed to.

Try updating to the latest software versions, install XP SP1, and any critical Windows updates.

Back