• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nth bridge HS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

New2me

Registered
I have ordered the 8rda+ to replace an early retired A7v333rev2 (my fault, was an excellent board).
Getting str8 to the point, does anyone here think the tall Nth bridge HS on the Asus would be better than the stock oval Epox sink on the Nvidia nthbridge? I'm fairly sure this Asus HS has been carried forward to the A7n8x but is it better than the Epox? If not, i'll just chuck the Asus HS on the sth bridge and leave the E-sink :cool: . Tanks!

i put a thermaltake crystal orb on my nthbridge on me epox 8k5a2+, i was gonna get the zalman northbridge cooler but it didnt have a fan on it so u just got the crystal orb... the hs on the 8rda+ should be alright but if u wanna change it then do so

dazza05 said:
the hs on the 8rda+ should be alright but if u wanna change it then do so

Well i didn't want to change it for looks, more for the reason of HS performance. Seeing as the more expensive a7n8x is using this same HS, i thought it could be a little bit better then the standard Epox one.
The better HS will go on the nth bridge and weaker one will be on the sth bridge hence my question. Cheers!

New2me said:

The better HS will go on the nth bridge and weaker one will be on the sth bridge

yeah not a bad idea, will u be able to fit a hs on the sth bridge as its pretty close to the pci slots?

dazza05 said:

yeah not a bad idea, will u be able to fit a hs on the sth bridge as its pretty close to the pci slots?

EluSiOn said:

I've managed to make a little bracket to clip on the asus HS for the stock 40mm AMD fan, should work a treat. Glad to see the the epox HS will fit the sth bridge without any modifications. Thanks!

FYI..... My NB heasink barely gets warm to the touch even at 200FSB speeds with 4,2,2,2 memory timings.

Im not changing it.

Have you cooled your sth bridge though? Did you apply thermal paste on your stock Epox sink? I know the guys with the a7n8x don't have a problem with their HS, most say it runs luke warm. Considering i'm only after around 200fsb max, i might just AS3 the epox sink and see how she goes.

Back