• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temp sensor placement?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have a Front 51/4" Transfer Panel with a flat Temp probe I can place against the CPU core edge. My question is which side of the CPU will give me the most accurate readings of Core Temp. Has anyone seen a Thermographic image of a hot core? Which side, or top or bottom? of the CPU core gets the hottest? The CPU in question is in my sig.
Right now, I have it placed againt the right side of the core,(Looking at it with the ident tag at the bottom) but the temps are off a fair amount from what I Computed the temps to be running at. About 3.5 - 4c. The temp probe was checked against a Photo Thermometer I know is accurate to about .2c and checks out as accuarte to within about .4c. So I must have the probe on one of the cooler(?) sides of the Core.

Anyone have a sugg. on which side to try next? I don't want to have to do trial and error and mount/remove the HS/Fan too many times. I'd like the next time to be the last time. :)

I have done a fair amount of looking but cannot find any relavent info. on the distribution of heat in the core.

Back