• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

are thermaltake or enermax good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
For overclocking or no?

Sparkle is pretty cheap(around $40 at www.directron.com) and is a very very good power supply. The 3.3V+5V output is 220W for the sparkles, while its only 180 or 185W for the Enermax(I know becuase I use to own the 350W Enermax)

You can do a search in this section and read all the positive testimonies for Sparkle, half of which are from Larva :D

For your convenience, a link to one of the thread's below. Btw, Fortron = Sparkle.

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=161963

comparison reviews such as this one are hard to find, so you may want to take a look at it.

the Tt PSUs are yet new to the market but they seem to score ok against the competition. however there are not so many models as say the enermax PSUs.
If you want to be sure about what you are buying, maybe enermax would be a safer deal.

jlin453 said:

You can do a search in this section and read all the positive testimonies for Sparkle, half of which are from Larva :D

You have to remember that 90% of the actual experience with Fortron supplies on this board is represented by my usage of their products. Building in excess of 7000 PC's gives me a slightly different level of knowledge of these products than commonly encountered. I reiterate the quality and value of the Fortron/Sparkle supplies simply because they are the best available, and this is not something a friend told me, I deduced from a review conducted by someone with a small fraction of the actual experience I have, or read on a forum.

Vantec is supposed to make some nice P/S. I don't recommend Enermax, as my last one fried for no reason, and destoryed my motherboard. I consider myself lucky that was all it killed.
I'm using an Antec right now, and so far so good. I wouldn't buy any less than 400 watts.

well if he cant afford an Antec right now then he sure can't get any of the Vantecs.

Sparkle would be a nice alternative to the Enermax PSUs, even though they are not much cheaper. but you won't get any better word on a PSU than the larva experience with the 7000 PCs for sure.
I can't remember hearing anything too bad/uncommon about Sparkle btw.

larva said:

You have to remember that 90% of the actual experience with Fortron supplies on this board is represented by my usage of their products. Building in excess of 7000 PC's gives me a slightly different level of knowledge of these products than commonly encountered. I reiterate the quality and value of the Fortron/Sparkle supplies simply because they are the best available, and this is not something a friend told me, I deduced from a review conducted by someone with a small fraction of the actual experience I have, or read on a forum.

Sorry if I made you think you had to defend yourself(if that is what you were doing). My comment was a pure compliment to you because I know you've built many many systems and have experience with many products. I've read your posts :) Kingston ValueRam also :D

Sorry if I came of as excessively defensive, I just wanted to make it clear that the volume of posts I make concerning the Fortron/Sparkle's is a product of vast experience with them as well as how good a product they truly are. They are one of those golden products that can be recommended without qualification. I've been let down by virutally any other PC component manufacturer at one point or another, including the likes of Antec, Asus, WD, Maxtor, Micron, et al. I usually have to qualify my hardware recommendations because of bad experience at one point or another, but not with Fortron/Sparkle's. I'm not trying to pressure anyone into anything by the volume of posts I generate in regards to these great products, but rather truly wish all of you to enjoy the quality, performance, and value I know them to represent.

Back