• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

R9500 and R9500 Pro ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KGH

Alright after done searching threads of pros and cons among mid range vid cards ... I decide to land on R9500 , since it about the same price of G4Ti4200 and faster . Only problem is that it's made by SapphireTech (9500 Atlantis 8x 128mb ....)
and the R9500Pro is about $40 more ..umm so which one is the best bang for the bucks :) 9500 or 9500Pro ?
Plz correct me if i'm wrong about R9500 performance better than G4Ti cards

I also heard you can mod 9500 into 9500 Pro ? is that easy process and depend on the brand ?

thnx

AND
ATI Excalibur Radeon 9000 PRO AGP 4X 128MB DDR Video Card w/TV-Out & DVI Retail by Hightech
***($0.5 2nd Day)***

Googlegear Part#: 320908
Usually Ships in: 2 Days
Manufacturer: HIGHTECH
Manufacturer SKU: Radeon 9000 128
Our Price: $101.99

darn so confusinggggggggggggggg arghhhhhhhhh and tempting

Last edited:
SkaGoatMaster said:
the sapphire 9500 can be converted into a 9700 if you get the right PCB.

And quite a bit of luck ;)

I love my 9500 Pro, thats what i would go for if u dont want to gamble on a mod.

i ordered my sapphire atlantis 9500 pro today and im sure i wont regret it one bit. i wouldnt go for the mod unless you want to rma it if it doesnt work, also im pretty sure that the 9500s on the 2 and 2 ram pcb with 256 bit bus are getting a bit sparse. i would go for the 9500 pro, oh, well of course i would, in fact i did :D and i cant wait!

thanks guys,
but the 9500 PRO is as twice as the 9000 Pro ...is it really that good ? how does it against the 8500 ( not LE) ?
final consideration b4 making purcharge ..been stuck with G2 MX then G4MX ..got tired from looking at those boring pc games..need something to fire up

It smokes the 8500.

My recommendation depends on how often you buy a new video card. If you're the type who tries something new every six months to a year, you're better off getting the regular 9500 or a Ti4200. Either card can run any game you want to throw at it today, and by the time more taxing games hit the market you'll be a card (or two) down the road. You'll be better off to buy cheap now and plan on staying with the curve instead of beating it.

But if you want to get a year or two out of this card, spend the extra money for the 9500 Pro. Out of the box it matches the Ti4600 at base quality settings. Turn up the AA and the ansio and this Radeon lays a beating on the GeForce. That's great for bragging in the forums, but the important thing is it means you'll have enough power to run any game on the market or in the pipeline. And if you're comfortable flashing a new BIOS, you can boost the 9500 Pro to 9700 Pro levels and get another six months or year out of it. For $195 this is clearly the best deal on the video card market today.

BHD

kevinN said:
thanks guys,
but the 9500 PRO is as twice as the 9000 Pro ...is it really that good ? how does it against the 8500 ( not LE) ?
final consideration b4 making purcharge ..been stuck with G2 MX then G4MX ..got tired from looking at those boring pc games..need something to fire up

I went from an 8500 to the 9500 Pro and im VERY pleased with my purchase

I personally would go with a 9500 and mod it. Even if the mod is unsucessful (software mod) then you would still have the best $150 card you could find. If you're going to go into the $200 range then a regular 9700 would probably be a little better buy.

Back