• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FSAA Comparison- NV30 vs R9700.... looks bad for...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
For those too lazy to click on the link, it's an interactive screenshot that allows you to choose what AF level you would like to see reflected in the picture. It offers the same sampling solution available on the R9700 and NV30.

It looks like this:
noaa.png

It only takes a second, and makes for a simple comparison.

is it just me or did even the 4xAA of the 9700 pro walk all over that 8xAA bullsh*t the fx had to offer?

oh yeah and that that 6x is just plain beautiful :D

i think is 6x on the 9700 looks horrible near the 7 o'clock part...and instead of having the lines meet at the center, they put a lense flare so you couldnt see the distortion. 8x on the fx looks great to me, 6x is pretty good, but in no way does the 4x on the radeon beat 8x on the fx, you must be on drugs.

RangerJoe said:
i think is 6x on the 9700 looks horrible near the 7 o'clock part...and instead of having the lines meet at the center, they put a lense flare so you couldnt see the distortion. 8x on the fx looks great to me, 6x is pretty good, but in no way does the 4x on the radeon beat 8x on the fx, you must be on drugs.

Rufuse to give up on nVidia dont u? EVERY SINGLE creditable reviewer must be on drugs then

Stumpjumper5200 said:
Dude, look at the pics again!!! Especially the very center.

The 4x lines on the Radeon are noticeably more defined than the 8XS lines on the GeForce!!!

Actually, the lines completely dissapear on the NV30 FSAA8x. It simply erases them:eek: :eh?:

PreservedSwine said:
I'm shocked at the poor quality of Nvidia FSAA, ATI's 4xFSAA is clearer, sharper, and removed more jaggies than Nvidia's 8x mode.

Check out this out!

If it does infact use 3DFX technology, I'd like to take this time to point out that the V5/6 did FSAA at the RAMDAC stage. Screenshots that were taken therefore did not show the true output to the monitor.

I reckon it's much the same for the GFFX. I'm just waiting for one of those reviewers to spend more than 5 mins running 500 benches, posting numbers and actually LOOK at the screen.

Use your eyes people. WTF! Obviously the 6xs and 8xs are broke on the nvidia side. nVidia's 4xs looks better so something is wrong there.

9700 6X looks perfect though. Can you get much better?? I don't think you can.

Re: Re: FSAA Comparison- NV30 vs R9700.... looks bad for...

HotKoala said:

If it does infact use 3DFX technology, I'd like to take this time to point out that the V5/6 did FSAA at the RAMDAC stage. Screenshots that were taken therefore did not show the true output to the monitor.

I reckon it's much the same for the GFFX. I'm just waiting for one of those reviewers to spend more than 5 mins running 500 benches, posting numbers and actually LOOK at the screen.
Yes that's a good point. In fact HardOCP retracted their intial IQ assesment of the FX because they based their analysis on frames captured from the frame buffer if I remember correctly. And the FX performs the AA stuff after this stage.

I can't access this website anymore either. I was able to access it earlier today.

Rotated grid multi sampling rules. :D
Super sampling can die!
Im sticking with ATI.

Re: Re: Re: FSAA Comparison- NV30 vs R9700.... looks bad for...

baraka said:

Yes that's a good point. In fact HardOCP retracted their intial IQ assesment of the FX because they based their analysis on frames captured from the frame buffer if I remember correctly. And the FX performs the AA stuff after this stage.

I can't access this website anymore either. I was able to access it earlier today.

HardOCP asked nVidia about it...it is ONLY Quinx (or whatever the hell its called, lol), and 2x AA that do that, NOT 4x up to 8x...they do it the "traditional" way...so nVidia 8x AGP does infact still suck ***, lol

Evnas said:

Rufuse to give up on nVidia dont u? EVERY SINGLE creditable reviewer must be on drugs then

this is what i have been telling you guys from the beginning!..lol

besides the point that i like nvidia better, i do think some points with 8x on the fx look better than 6x on the radeon

btw, the lines do NOT disappear, you must be blind if you think they disappear with 8x on the fx.

Back