• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick PSU question for SMP...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OSUmaxx

I'm going to order a k7d today, but I'm still a little confused about the PSU requirements. Some people say you need 500 watts, but others say they've run with a Sparkle 350 with no problems.

Would I be fine with the Sparkle 400, or should I go for an Antec True 480? I have a True 430 in another rig and I'm happy with it.

I'd like to spend as little money as possible for now, but at the same time, I want to buy a good PSU the first time, so I don't have to buy another later.

Are you going to try and overclock it? I don't so I bought a generic 400 (actually came with the cheiftec (sp?) I bought) and haven't had a problem yet. I am running xp2000's.

Yeah, I'll be OC'ing it to 150FSB and probably leaving the multi stock @ 10.5.

I heard the Sparkle 400 actually puts out more than its rated for, but I'm tempted to spend the extra and get the True 480.

Anyone else? Newegg's almost out of the K7ds...

Back