• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anything new with a PSU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raven

hey guys... just wondering if there is any news of anything new comming out in the world of PSU's!!! reason im asking is that im upgrading my system bit by bit and it should be complete by the summer and wanted to maybe purchase a PSU sometime this month, but if something new is just around the corner, i can wait.

i was looking at the
Enermax Fan Control EG465P-VE FC 450 Watt ATX PSU
or a Vantec 'stealth' 470 watt

im gona need this to power quite a bit of stuff, and need something in the price range of those to be stable for me. any suggestions?

raven

Yeah forget enermax and go with sparkle/fortron 400w if you are that crazed for power. If you really want to go all out get a PC power & cooling. I would definatly take the sparkle over the 2 you listed though.

I'm not sure when it is due out, but I saw an interesting post or article about the Antec True Control PSU. Lots of neat features.

Hoot

raven said:
what about an antec truepower 480w with blue led?

I just ordered one for my new dually. I have the 430 already for my other rig and its great. This should be a high quality PSU.

Hoot said:
I'm not sure when it is due out, but I saw an interesting post or article about the Antec True Control PSU. Lots of neat features.

Hoot

in that case, maybe it would be smarter to wait for a few more months and see how that one looks like. and maybe then if the price is right, it will be the right thing to get:)

raven said:

in that case, maybe it would be smarter to wait for a few more months and see how that one looks like. and maybe then if the price is right, it will be the right thing to get:)

i saw that article as well, it was posted in a thread here somewhere. looked really nice. voltage levels easily user controlled. now there's some real fun :p

juliendogg said:

i saw that article as well, it was posted in a thread here somewhere. looked really nice. voltage levels easily user controlled. now there's some real fun :p

would you by any chance remember the tread? i would like to read this sometime! maybe if you find the linky?:)

Here is a link to the thread for that monster power supply. Hopefully the true control features will eventually trickle down to the 300 & 400 watts line as well.

thanks for the link Redstone

wow..thats some hyped up PSU S**t ... as much as id luv to get it and just watch ppl drool over it when they see it... i dont think i will.. first of all.. its pricey... second of all.. i wont have an empty front panel for that... since i wont be doing any major overclocking, i think if have descided to stick with the True Power 480 w/ Blue LED i wonder if those will drop in price when this sucker is released..

Back