• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Have you seen these in your wanderings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hoot

Inactive Moderator
Hi Guys & Gals;

It's time to help ole Hoot out.

I stumbled upon a few of these Panaflo 80x32mm fans at the local electronics recycling center. The model number is:

FBP-08B12L

They are not the thin (80x25mm) models that Panaflo now sells. The airflow from them is very good, even in the presence of modest back pressure and equally important, they are the most quiet 80x32 fans I have yet to find. If you know of a source for them, at a reasonable price, please let me know. I am only interested in the ones with the Silver label. I have an identical model number with a blue label and it is much louder for the same airflow. Here is a picture of the two side by side:

twinpan.jpg

Here is the difference in thickness between the 32mm and the current 25mm one:

panthin.jpg

Chances are they are out of production so any you stumble upon will no doubt be used.

Thanks

Hoot

i just saw one on an auction site in new zealand, i have no idea if its silver or blue label unfortunately, ud have to ask the seller.

obliv said:
i just saw one on an auction site in new zealand, i have no idea if its silver or blue label unfortunately, ud have to ask the seller.

Thanks Obliv;

Given it is on the other side of the earth from me, I suspect the total cost with shipping would be more than I'm interested in paying. It does give me hope to know they are out there all the same and I appreciate you taking the time to source one for me so quickly.

Hoot

Thanks again Obliv. I'll check it out.

Hoot

Edit: Unfortunately they require a minimum purchase of $500 per line item. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
harsh. heh. ill keep searching, i've been trying to a fan similar to this one, so yea. :p

I stand corrected on one of my previous posts in this thread. The Blue label version is not inherently noisier than the Silver label one. The Blue label fan had bad bearings. Yes, these are ball bearing units not hydrowave sleeve bearings. I fished some identical bearings out of the skinnier version of this fan and they were identical to the Blue label. So, I swapped both out and the Blue label is now as quiet as the Silver label.

Hoot

sheesh, its just a fan, im sure there are fans out there with the same air flow and similar noise level....if not the exact noise level, then maybe a tad higher, or lower...an 80mm fan inside your case isnt loud. The only fans that are loud to me are the maximum output high speed fans, and those arent even so bad to me....I had rather have that super airflow that worry aout a little humm noise. Try searching pricewatch for that model number, or Ibuyer.net or something, or try Google.com. With all the many fans out there now though, im sure you can finda fan that is very similar to the one you have.

thing is, most 38mm fans are direct flow, which produce way more air than a normal fan, cept they dont make any 80x38mm fans that are NOT direct flow, so thats why its such a great find :)

Back