• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

any feedback on the A7N8X Deluxe MOBO?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Falseprophet

I am looking to purchase a new MoBo and I was wondering what you people had to say about the A7N8X Deluxe MOBO from Asus. Links to any Reviews would be appreciated if they are allowed in these forums... Thanks!!!

I love my a7n8x delux. OCs well and is jam packed with features. It may not have the extreme voltages of the 8rda+ but its a fantastic all around board with good oc features.

I love my A7N8X Deluxe. It does 200 fsb. The onboard sound is very good. I like having the NIC onboard too. My case looks pretty clean inside with no pci slots being used.

I also love this A7N8X motherboard..
However, not all A7N8X running at 200MHz..
In my experience, 2 did, 2 didn't. I've built total 4 system with A7N8X..

Also, some ppl can't do with this motherboard.

I'm sure this is great motherboard.
However, this board need to be mature..

So far, hardware revision is 1.04 and BIOS is 1002..
The difference of each board is too big even though they are same models...

Or, it can be a chopset problem, not a motherboard problem..
Time will tell the truth...

I'm with you juninjesus... I still don't kow if i like this MB or not. I'm having way too many problems with it not booting after a bios change. New battery, and 1002 bios flash.

The Board itself is great. But there is something just wrong with the bios i think.

Memory - (2x512MB DDR pc2100 Micron (1024MB total)
Hard Drive - Maxtor 40GB & 60GB 7200RPM. With rounded IDE & Floppy cables (blue)
Burnner - Plextor 40/12/40
Graphics Card - Integrated GeForce 2 w/additional chipset HSF epoxied to S.Bridge
Sound - ACR-A6CH W/Dolby digital 5.1 audio
Speakers - Cyber Acoustics 4.1 or 4100
Monitor - KDS 19"
Mouse - Logitech MouseMan Dual Optical Mouse
TOTAL COST WITHOUT MARKUP = $2,100 TAX INCLUDED. It's a BAD MOFO.
Yes, I built it completly from scratch my self.

You forgot to tell us what kind of Modem you have....

Just my 2 cents but I really think this is an excellent board. It overclocks well and has every feature one may want/need. I don't mind the limited voltage options mainly because it's easy to volt mod. I upgraded from a n EPoX 8K3A+ and haven't looked back since.

~THT

I am very happy with my A7N8X Deluxe board..So many features to play with its unreal..Performance is awesome IMHO..Sound is pretty impressive for a built in apu..the duel on board nic's are nice..All in all i like it..this is at stocks speeds right now.
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=5829064

I think you will enjoy this board if you get one..

Thank you everyone for your replies. I Think that I will eventually get this board in the next month or so. Does anyone have any links for a good price online. Somewhere that I could purchase it from??? Thanks. Big J ......... OH ya in response to that other ad reply.. I have a Cable modem. LOL not like you really wanted to know. ttyl

i like mine except for the fact that it refuses to flash the bios, which i believe is responsible for its refusal to use any other mulits than 13 :(

Falseprophet said:
Thank you everyone for your replies. I Think that I will eventually get this board in the next month or so. Does anyone have any links for a good price online. Somewhere that I could purchase it from??? Thanks. Big J ......... OH ya in response to that other ad reply.. I have a Cable modem. LOL not like you really wanted to know. ttyl

Check Pricewatch.com.
I got mine a few months ago here: http://www.essencompu.com/
They shipped same day and were cheapest at the time. I couldn't believe how fast it came. It was like a NewEgg without the Sales Tax (I'm in CA).

Got mine about 2 weeks ago and immediately flashed to the newest bios. Has run rock steady. Great features. Running my X-box off the 2nd LAN connection is awesome.

i say it's best MB out there. for $136 ( what i pay for Deluxe ) u get much more the epox boards... OC well, no hardware problem once u flash bios... I use epox b4 got nothing by troubles, altho it's fast but not worth the trouble. just $26 more than 8rda+, u get stability, OC and features.

what else u can ask for?

Sterculus said:
i like mine except for the fact that it refuses to flash the bios, which i believe is responsible for its refusal to use any other mulits than 13 :(

It will give trouble if you are using an early bios and an USB mouse . A known issue . Later bios revisions allow you to flash , in particular Alt-F2 flash with the USB mouse support enabled .

Back