• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which nForce Board?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mystikal

I NEED TO CONTACT SILVERSINKSAM TO DISCUSS $80 I o
Im looking for a new mb just need to know which one. I am partial to abit and I would like the nforce2, I was looking at the NF7 or is there a better board by abit than that. Looking for good overclockability, My current board in my sig. won't go any higher than 142FSB Leaving me with a O/clock of only 109mhz. any suggestions and info would be greatly appreciated.

Myst.

It is my understanding that one of the differences between the NF7 and the NF7-S, other than the serial ATA raid, firewire, and whatnot, is the lack of Nvidia's Soundstorm DSP on the NF7. People have been saying that Soundstorm is roughly equivalent to an Audigy (which are expensive). In my mind, this would justify the the extra price of the NF7-S (provided you don't have an audigy or comparable soundcard already). As for which board to get, nForce2 has been a stellar performer and were I to buy a new mobo today, thats what I would get, the NF7-S or the Asus A7N8X Deluxe.

Back