• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking lowered 3dmark 2001

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M00CH

Ok im not getting this. i did a base test with the system in my sig with 3dmark2001 and got 2537 points. i then overclocked the video card and got 2697. i then overclocked the system fom stock 733 133fsb to 770 140 fsb ( i think) ran the test again and got 2612. i know its not much lower but should'nt it be higher.

i restarted after every test and ran them a few times to get a base line after every change. im going to up the fsb a bit more now to see if it helps. but what would cause a lower score.

P.S. not applications running in the background and cpu utilz at 0 before tests...

this is pretty normal when your cpu is topped out. you can back it off 1 mhz fsb at a time and see where it tops out at. it is usually about 3-5 mhz below whatever the top out is. right now i can boot and benchmark at 155 but i get the highest scores at 150. my last cpu was similar, it was faster a little below the highest overclock.

I dont know why but when i but the fsb up higher it works fine i now get a score of 2771. highest yet.

oh a viedo is clocked at 130/330

Back